Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Round 3 - Daley lands a left followed by a right that bounces Acacio's head back. Acacio shoots and pulls guard. Daley works from Acacio's guard. Daley cuts Acacio open with a left elbow. Acacio verbally submits and referee John McCarthy steps in at 3:45.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
"Thats the kind of power Paul Daley has ladies and gentlemen".

I was glad to see Paul improving other areas of his game instead of just his striking. I liked how he was working for subs from his back. Daneil Acacio's leg kick catch and punch was amazing, very anderson silva esque.

That finishing elbow was viscous. Really hope Daley ends up back in the UFC within around 2 years time.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
really wasnt that impressed.
Other than the leg kick catch and take down, Paul dominated the fight, dunno how that wasnt an impressive win. He finished off a dominant performance with a nasty elbow.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
barely managed to finish a C level opponent on some C level show and thats the guy that was supposed to be GSP's "toughest fight so far after he knocks out Koscheck"? Well atleast he didn't punch Big John or something after fight ended!

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
lol at the haters. Haters gonna hate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So in 2 months he went from having a shot at being the #1 contender for the UFC Welterweight Championship and a chance to be a coach on The Ultimate Fighter...

..to fighting in a small org with a bunch of wash ups. If you're fighting on the same card as Ken Shamrock in 2010 you know you messed up bad.

I know a sucker punch is dirty, but cmon Dana. It was Josh Koscheck, I'm sure half the UFC roster and most of the audience wanted to do that at one point.

·
Panic-wrestler
4,093 Posts
So in 2 months he went from having a shot at being the #1 contender for the UFC Welterweight Championship and a chance to be a coach on The Ultimate Fighter...

..to fighting in a small org with a bunch of wash ups. If you're fighting on the same card as Ken Shamrock in 2010 you know you messed up bad.

I know a sucker punch is dirty, but cmon Dana. It was Josh Koscheck, I'm sure half the UFC roster and most of the audience wanted to do that at one point.
I'm a big Paul Daley fan, but it's hard to pin the blame on anyone but himself for being cut, i just hope that with time Dana can see past what he did and give him another chance, Daley without any doubt would be an exciting and quality addition to the UFC in the future.

BRING BACK PAUL DALEY!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I personally dont see Daley coming back to the UFC anytime soo, I do see him singing with bellator later this year though.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would like to see daley vs hornbuckle myself :)

Reactions: The Horticulturist

·
Premium Member
476 Posts

So depending on who is punching and who is punched is how to interpret rules?

I didn't know.

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Yea why didn't SF pick him up? :confused02:

him vs. Diaz :thumbsup:
As far as Daley is concerned his recent unruly behavior at UFC 113 may be a little too close for comfort to the scenes we saw at Strikeforce: Nashville recently. Strikeforce want to distance themselves from that incident, and also have to keep CBS executives on-side, and bringing in another ‘bad boy’ could send the wrong signals.
I think they will eventually sign him just waiting for the Dust to Clear if you know what i mean.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts