Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The promoter of Impact FC, Tom Huggins, just let us know firsthand that Paulo Filho will face Denis Kang in the 3rd edition of his event scheduled for July 17, 2010, in Australia. The fight would be the final of the Pride GP (up to 84kg), which did not happen due to an injury of Paulo Filho. On the occasion Misaki Kazushi, who had been submitted by Filho in the semifinals, came back and won against Kang in the jury decision, winning the championship belt of the GP.

In addition to this fight, the promoter of the event confirmed the hiring of two fighters that was fired from UFC, Paul Daley (no opponent set) and Karo Parisyan that faces, the RFT athlete Luis "Besouro" Dutra Jr. Considered one of the best Brazilian fighters in performance in the category 77kg, Besouro just won a belt in England and promises that won’t loose this chance. "For a long time I´ve been fighting to win my space out there, I´ll train hard to make a great presentation and show that I´m among the best in this weight", said the RFT athlete to Portal.

Impact FC already has 3 editions planned. One in New Zealand, on July 3, and two in Australia, on 10 and 17 July. Three days ago Huggins gave us a long interview, which revealed the involvement of Murilo Ninja (vs. Jeremy May), Mondragon (facing Josh Barnett) and Pedro Rizzo (vs. Ken Shamrock).
http://portaldovaletudo.uol.com.br/english/?channel=2&id=129

let's see if Filho can finally step up and fight .

·
Registered
603 Posts
http://portaldovaletudo.uol.com.br/english/?channel=2&id=129

let's see if Filho can finally step up and fight .
Has this promotion just sprung out of nowhere, already they have:

Paulo Filho
Dennis kang
Paul Daley
Josh Barnett
Karo Parisyan
Ken Shamrock
Pedro Rizzo

signed to fight, they may be an unknown/short lived organisation organisation, but what a way to start, also looking forward to seeing if Luis Dutra is any good, as he has some good reviews.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.