Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to see this for a long time. I think that if he lost some body fat and cut the rest down to 205 he could be a serious threat to the LHW division in UFC or Pride. I think as long as he keeps fighting at HW he will never be a top contender again. What does everyone else think?

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I just don't think that Rizzo can be a force at either weight. I don't think it'll matter that much.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For real? You honestly don't think that he could be a factor in UFC or Pride's LHW division?

Personaly the only LHW that I believe could give him a hard time right now would be Liddell, Sobral and Vera, if he fights at LHW in the UFC.

In Pride I would say his toughest fights would come from Silva, Rua and Nogueira. Arona would be tough as well.

I can think of alot of guys that he would almost definitely destroy in both organizations.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
He'd certainly destroy the lesser known guys, but I don't think that he'd have a shot at the Iceman's belt. I think Chuck's just too dominant.

I think Silva and Nog would both take him pretty easily, but I don't know much about pride.

·
Outta My Head
1,220 Posts
the thing about Rizzo is that he was very dominant at first because everyone was afraid of standing with him. Over the past 4 years, he's gone 3-4 out of his last fights with the last 2 being by Brutal Stoppage. I think the era where he was dominant has passed him by. A lot of the newer guys coming up are just as skilled (if not more so) than he is, just younger and hungrier.

I don't think cutting weight to get into an even more crowded division is going to be too beneficial for him at this point in time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Onganju said:
the thing about Rizzo is that he was very dominant at first because everyone was afraid of standing with him. Over the past 4 years, he's gone 3-4 out of his last fights with the last 2 being by Brutal Stoppage. I think the era where he was dominant has passed him by. A lot of the newer guys coming up are just as skilled (if not more so) than he is, just younger and hungrier.

I don't think cutting weight to get into an even more crowded division is going to be too beneficial for him at this point in time.
yeah, what he said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts