Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I plan on making Georges stand toe-to-toe with me," Koscheck said. "This isn't going to be a wrestling match. I'm going to force him to stand-up with me because I believe he doesn't have knockout power. We've just got to pray to God that he doesn't grease up, and he gets off that juice so that we can equal things about it.

"I just want to let him know that if he's going to do that, it doesn't matter. I'm still going to beat you because it can't make the chin that much stronger. His chin's still weak."

GSP is going to have to be patient and let the $hit roll of his back. Kos is going to come at him hard with verbal accusations.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19445/kos...g-needed-for-st-pierre-fight-champ-agrees.mma

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Is he trying to bait GSP into a game of name calling? Don't think it'll work. Although GSP IS ripped all year round, wonder what his training is like when he isn't fighting, cause he must fight the least of any fighter.

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
I would love to see them stand and bang. Haven't seen Gsp on the feet for an extended period since I can remember. Kos better train nothing but TDD, because that's what's coming his way.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Is he really trying to take over Tito's former role as the bad guy in MMA?, Tito had that crown secured a couple of years ago..Guess its time to crown Koscheck.

I find it funny that BJ actually called up Kos and talked about this type of stuff, Is BJ still haunted by that humiliating defeat?

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
Hate to say it but, **** Kos and **** BJ Penn. BJ himself got demolished by Georges and is still haunted by him. He just got defeated by Frankie Edgar, he should deal with that. And Kos is just dumb, i hope he gets knocked out, rather than subbed or mauled on the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I may not disagree with Kos' assessment of GSP's stand-up KO power, but GSP is still the superior striker. Thiago Alves was suppose to show GSP up on the feet, but before GSP out-wrestled him to death, he was beating Thiago on the feet.

Most the reason GSP can set up his TD's so well, is BECAUSE he has the ability to be a solid & dynamic striker. A good wrestling TD in MMA, begins with a good set up (or an opponent with zero TDD skills). A fast TD is self nullified if you don't have a good set up, which is loading the TD behind legitimately dynamic & effective strikes.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
And people say Michael Bisping is a douche, Koscheck is so much worse. I can't wait until GSP picks him up, slams him on his head and pounds his face into the mat Jon Fitch style. Just that Koscheck doesn't have the heart of Fitch, so it won't go the full 5. GSP will impose his will on Koscheck and make him quit by the end of the 3rd. The only hope he has of winning is using his inferior stand-up ability to flukily land 1 big shot which ends the fight. The only difference between Koscheck and Hardy, is that Koscheck will make it marginally harder for GSP to take him down. GSP will still be able to take Koscheck down, and dominate him on the ground. Even if Koscheck comes in trying to use his wrestling he won't succeed, and these mind games will not work with GSP. That's why Dan Hardy didn't bother, as he knew he couldn't get into GSP's head like he did with Marcus Davis. GSP won't crack like Paul Daley did. GSP is better on the feet, has better wrestling and won't be effected by this ridiculous throwing around of unsubstantiated ludicrous accusations. If anything it's going to make him train harder and want to cave Koschecks face in even more. I can't wait.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
You'd think they'd learn. That they can't get in to GSP's head. That they can't force him to stand if he doesn't so desire to stand. That they simply can't win, mentally or physically. Matt Serra. Matt Hughes. Dan Hardy. BJ Penn. Josh Koscheck. Josh Koscheck again. It's the same old story, with what will undoubtedly be the same old ending. Try putting the extra effort that is trash talking into training, because that will be the thing to dethrone the champion, not 'mind games'.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The thing is, though, look at who they train with. Kos trains with Fitch - a great wrestler and ground n pounds just like GSP. However, Fitch is another welterweight.

Who does GSP train with? Rashad Evans - another great wrestler. However, not only is Evans a great wrestler, he's a light heavy weight. In Evan's training video, you see GSP take Evans down with ease..............

Kos, I dislike your character and antics inside the octagon (blatantly poking Johnson in the eye for retribution, screaming illegal knee when it just missed him). GSP easily has this fight. Boring as it may be, GSP keeps his belt.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
A cheater accusing another man of cheating, lol. Koscheck is a joke. Im no fan of either man but i really want to see GSP put a beat down on this weasel.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.