Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Penn vs Sanchez and what round?

  • Penn

    Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Sanchez

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Round 1

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Round 2

    Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Round 3

    Votes: 9 22.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LethalLLama
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GO PENN!!!:thumbsup:
 

·
LethalLLama
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you could give more than one choice because of the selection I chose... BTW I fixed it....
 

·
LethalLLama
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do you vote again? nevermind you have to do it with the original vote.... duh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
This fight may come down to heart and conditioning, so I would point the favor in Diego's direction. It would be a great fight to see and probably another decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
i thought penn won the fight vs. gsp...gsp looked like he was hit with a bat
and the only reason he lost to hughes was the injury. diego is B+ class at best...penn is one of the most well rounded (heavy hands...insane sub's/ground game) fighters there is.
 

·
LethalLLama
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slamnbam88 said:
i thought penn won the fight vs. gsp...gsp looked like he was hit with a bat
and the only reason he lost to hughes was the injury. diego is B+ class at best...penn is one of the most well rounded (heavy hands...insane sub's/ground game) fighters there is.
well stated but I think Diego is better than most think but I really believe BJ is the best in his division he just has to prove it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
Kenny Florian
Brian Gassaway
Nick Diaz*whom i like*
John Alessio
Karo Parisyan

vs,

an injured loss to hughes
a questionable loss to gsp (i still think he won that fight)
a win vs. matt hughes
caol uno- draw ..whom he beat a few fights earlier
win vs. matt serra
din thomas
joey gilbert
paul creighton

loss to jens pulver(majority decision)


its a diff caliber of fighter penn faces...and although diego might be the 'real deal'...i think hes outclassed...although i think it would be an excellent fight for him when he comes back ..the winner getting a title shot
 
  • Like
Reactions: iwasthere

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
if this happens and i think it will all being well....UFC 68 or thereabouts will be a cracker. Penn IMHO is the best fighter at 170, but as stated - he must now prove it. Another loss and he is back to mid pack and would take 18 months to get another shot.

I think Penn to win round 2 sub of sanchez.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Sorry to say but i think your giving Diaz far too much credit if this fight does happen the sole purpose is to give BJ an easy win so Dana can promote BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 3.

The way i see it everything Deigo can do BJ does better unless a miracle occours and BJ hurts his rib again Deigo cannot and will not win this fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
UFC101 said:
Sorry to say but i think your giving Diaz far too much credit if this fight does happen the sole purpose is to give BJ an easy win so Dana can promote BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 3.

The way i see it everything Deigo can do BJ does better unless a miracle occours and BJ hurts his rib again Deigo cannot and will not win this fight.
The only thing Diego has on BJ is cardio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
asskicker said:
The only thing Diego has on BJ is cardio
Maybe your right but i don't see this fight going the distance BJ's far too dangerous both standing and on the ground, i believe Diego will be overwhelmed, Diego is not ready for someone of BJ's skill level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
I picked Penn in the 2nd round, Diego is tough but Penn would be too much for him. I have said this before, Diego is good but he would lose to Penn, Hughes or GSP right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
TLB said:
I picked Penn in the 2nd round, Diego is tough but Penn would be too much for him. I have said this before, Diego is good but he would lose to Penn, Hughes or GSP right now.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it too...and I also say Penn in the 2nd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
The only thing i think Diego Sanchez is currently superior in is conditioning, it would be a superb fight and i would pay to watch it.
Penn in second round probably by choke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Cardio

asskicker said:
The only thing Diego has on BJ is cardio
Ditto... My thoughts exactly... Right on... I couldn't have said it better myself.

Diego is better than I initially gave him credit for, and he does have excellent cardio. He finishes each fight at an extremely high energy level. When your opponent is winded, and you are going 100 MPH, the energy will outshine the fatigued competitor even if hi ie technically superior.

The question is: "Can Diego last long enough to make his excellent a factor?" If he can wind BJ, or cause an injury (like the rib with Matt Hughes) he'd have a chance. But, BJ has to know this, and his experience should prevent it.

My money's on Penn. 2nd. round submission. Maybe 1st.round.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top