Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, as it doesn't really have to do with UFC directly but more so how/where you'll be watching it tonight.

So in your opinion, what are the perfect conditions to watch a fight?

Tonight I'm having some buddies over to my place, I'm ordering and paying for the PPV while they're getting the alcohol and some other goodies as well :thumb02: We may pitch in to order a pizza later too.

So what are you doing tonight? If it's not your ideal situation, then what would you like to be doing tonight?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It's cool to watch fights with your buddies, but sometimes it gets annoying when you can't pay 100% attention to the fight due to them.
Anyways, I'm watching it via stream alone by my computer with a couple of Red Bulls, because it will be like 4 or 5 AM here when the event starts and obviously it isn't televised anywhere.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's cool to watch fights with your buddies, but sometimes it gets annoying when you can't pay 100% attention to the fight due to them.
Yeah, I only invite friends over to watch fights with me who are as big of fans as me. I have plenty of friends who would call BJJ or wrestling boring and call someone a coward for not standing up, yet still say they're a fan of UFC. Though this select group appreciates all aspects and enjoy good fights just as much as I do :) I also always enjoy the friendly betting and trash talk that goes on between friends when a big event comes around.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I also always enjoy the friendly betting and trash talk that goes on between friends when a big event comes around.
True, true, that's priceless. I love when we talk trash about each other's favorite before they fight and then when it starts everyone shuts up scared about the outcome :thumb02:

I remember UFC 98 when I was watching it with a band of like 7 people. I was the only one that wanted and thought Machida would win. You can imagine how I was jumping around with a bunch of money in my hand after the brutal KO :thumbsup:

·
Big Dawg
911 Posts
I got a mix of friends coming over, have for years now. Some can be annoying, I just try to tune them out, get my seat and concentrate on the fights. I usually put out a spread of goodies, making some Memphis style ribs tonight WAR RAMPAGE.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Anyways, I'm watching it via stream alone by my computer with a couple of Red Bulls, because it will be like 4 or 5 AM here when the event starts and obviously it isn't televised anywhere.
yeah i know what you mean lol like most of my friends are 'UFC' fans and not MMA fans, so when i have them all over to watch the fights, they are not really interested unless its a big stand up war or somebodys getting KO'd and they are only interested in the main events. So if none of that is happening which is like 90% of the show, they just start talking and am like giving one word answers just hoping they would shut up so i can watch the bleeding fights.

So yeah i prefer to watch big events on my own or with one other friend, but when its only one friend its me thats doing all the talking because i love explaining everything thats going on etc.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
my ideal from experience:

Me, and a girl who thinks I'm an awesome fighter, and I know everything about MMA.

We sit down, we get high, and we're done fooling around in time for me to check out who won the prelims (so I can predict them perfectly), then I get high again, she is "still high" LOL, and I enjoy the fights uninterrupted by stupid guys. You can be guaranteed that this girl is asleep by the main event, so I can have free run of the house for a little while before we get nice sleepies together.

second ideal:

me, alone, posting on mmaforum and eating junk food. this is going to be a good night.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
my ideal from experience:

Me, and a girl who thinks I'm an awesome fighter, and I know everything about MMA.

We sit down, we get high, and we're done fooling around in time for me to check out who won the prelims (so I can predict them perfectly), then I get high again, she is "still high" LOL, and I enjoy the fights uninterrupted by stupid guys. Then we get nice sleepies together.
You found a keeper. Last time we had a girl tag along to watch the fights at a bar... She "was" the "hugest mma fan of all time" in her own words. And I quote "I want the black guy to win he has a cute ass". There was much face-palming.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ideal: Copious amounts of alcohol/weed, beer pong in the same room as the fight, and at least one chick that genuinely likes MMA. And winning the $25 bet I have on Evans. That's what's going to happen tonight, I just hope the internet stream holds out ..

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Ideal situation? Me and a bunch of friends usually go to Gala casion and they serve us free drink while we sit down in the corner and watch the fights from 3-6am. Its never disappointed.

However, considering I'm in another country right now, it appears I'm going to masterbate, go to sleep, download the fights tomorrow and watch them in good quality.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Perfect night is, a group of MMA knowledgeable friends, good food (Pizza and the like) and ofcourse beer.

However, restricted diet and cutting back on the booze to cut weight, so red bull will do, helps me stay up anyways, and no pizza.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I usually have the fights at my house, but don't really invite anyone other than my friends that really enjoy it. This time however I decided to buy the fights and go all out

Setup a projector outside with surround sound and the big screen inside. Have the bbq pit lit, plenty of alcohol, and it's going to be a sweet night!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.