Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it best to kind of catch a jab and deflect it downwards kind of catching it like a base ball, or better to kind of smack it out of the way like you were trying to smack a wrist watch. I have heared that smacking it you can get caught with a fake jab then a left hook. Has never happened to me before though. Usually I will smack technique, then at same time through my own jab. Which has worked effectively for me in the past. Catching technique seems like something could possibly go horribly wrong.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
It really depends. I was a boxer forever, so naturally how I'd want to handle a jab would be to block/catch/deflect it over your shoulder and throw a counter jab.

But there are more than one way to handle this situation.

Another one is the slap and move, and go inside on out left outside.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'm going to help by pointing out that it's 'parry'. 'Perry' is this guy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oooops Parry not perry

See what happends when you spend too much time boxing. Just kidding. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooops Parry not perry

See what happends when you spend too much time boxing. Just kidding. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, I might not be able to spell, but I am 100% sure I could beat the daylights out of this doctor guy.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
See what happends when you spend too much time boxing. Just kidding. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, I might not be able to spell, but I am 100% sure I could beat the daylights out of this doctor guy.
Maybe, but you'd also have to take out Ed Harris, and that's just not happening.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
Drum technique. If do right no can defense.
That actually works quite well if you step-switch stances and counter with a cross/overhand immediately after the interception. At least it will the first time no problem. There's a bit of choreography to it, but its such an unexpected motion that it throws the opponent off. However its advised to snap the intercepting arm up to a deflective block for any kind of counter-counter(such as a cross) to the head. If done right its a rather sick and effective movement.

·
Registered
205 Posts
honestly you should learn multiple defences and try to switch between them, otherwise you will open yourself up to a Feint where they counter your defence
I've done this to people when they go to the well the same way on a Jab.
As an example if every time I Jab you Slip to the Outside, I promise I'll bring a kick up to crack you in the dome by the third time you do it in a row...

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
That actually works quite well if you step-switch stances and counter with a cross/overhand immediately after the interception. At least it will the first time no problem. There's a bit of choreography to it, but its such an unexpected motion that it throws the opponent off. However its advised to snap the intercepting arm up to a deflective block for any kind of counter-counter(such as a cross) to the head. If done right its a rather sick and effective movement.
Exactly "no can defend" :thumb02:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.