Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever see that fight at fight night which was the main reason Quarry became number one contender for Franklin's belt against Pete Sell? That was terrible. Pete Sell is a great fighter and was undefeated before that poor stoppage by Herb Dean. Quarry just tapped him against the face with a light punch and he slipped and fell then Herb Dean stopped it due to his cautious attitude. He should have let Tito elbow Shamrock about 5 more times, thats what McCarthy would have done. If that happened there wouldn't have been a stupid Tito and Shamrock 3.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That was a solid punch that landed right on the chin of Pete Sell , but I think it could have went on for a little bit longer , we have seen way worse punishment dished out in the UFC then that ala Couture Belfort III

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Punishment 101 said:
That was a solid punch that landed right on the chin of Pete Sell , but I think it could have went on for a little bit longer , we have seen way worse punishment dished out in the UFC then that ala Couture Belfort III
Couture Belfort 3? Belfort was bleeding all over the place. They were forced to stop that fight. Stupid Couture elbows :laugh:.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i dunno what instructions Herb Dean is under these days....but im not liking some of his ref skills of late. i dont want to see a fighter get totally smashed but c'mon...give a guy a serious chance to recover, dont jump in straight away on adrenaline....these fighters are tough and they deserve half a chance to fight back.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Wombatsu said:
i dunno what instructions Herb Dean is under these days....but im not liking some of his ref skills of late. i dont want to see a fighter get totally smashed but c'mon...give a guy a serious chance to recover, dont jump in straight away on adrenaline....these fighters are tough and they deserve half a chance to fight back.
I think the reason herb jumps in when he does is because he knows. Hes a fighter too, and he knows when a guy is out, or on the verge of going out, and obviously doesnt want to see him get hurt.

Nowadays it makes me wonder though about JUDGES and their scorecards, esp when TUF fighters are on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts