Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PFL Chairman Donn Davis told CNBC the PFL raised $105 million since its start in 2018, including a $28 million Series B in 2018 and $50 million Series C in 2019. It hopes the new funding will help plans for international expansion.

Davis said the PFL is two years away from breaking even as it looks to solicit more investors for its $50 million round.

Interesting numbers.

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
Of course with COVID causing the 2020 season to to cancelled that doesn't help things at all. I hope they've been using the last year to find a venue to use as a bubble and develop all the necessary testing procedures that the UFC and Bellator have been doing as well. International expansion probably won't happen in 2021.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Davis said the PFL is two years away from breaking even as it looks to solicit more investors for its $50 million round.

I wonder how many know what this means?

Of course with COVID causing the 2020 season to to cancelled that doesn't help things at all. I hope they've been using the last year to find a venue to use as a bubble and develop all the necessary testing procedures that the UFC and Bellator have been doing as well. International expansion probably won't happen in 2021.

Dana White deserves awards and accolades. There's a reason I always respect Dana more than other promoters and businessman in MMA. Its cuz he's the only real in the game.

Without him there might never have been a single MMA or sporting event in 2020.

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
Yeah every other MMA promotion and sports league modeled their testing and bubble procedures after the UFC's pioneering procedures. I agree 100% with Dana in that he was doing it for the fighters and employees because the UFC is making nowhere near what they could have been making. The MMA community and thanked him for it as a result.

·
The Title Guy
17,783 Posts
I believe that Dalian Wanda was part of the coalition that bought the UFC for $4.2 billion, but there has always been this rivalry between Bellator and PFL dating back to when it was WSOF. Not to mention they have been picking each other's fighters with Rory MacDonald being the last to go from Bellator to PFL. Also remember PFL's seasonal format.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts