Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha WOW!.. this was a big shock to me.. i thought this fight was gonna stay standing and baroni just threw him down and owned the fight from there on..

i dont even think baroni knew what submission he got him with haha he said somethin like " i learned that on a fight i watched last week.. whats it called again"

lmfao

·
Registered
6 Posts
Organik said:
haha WOW!.. this was a big shock to me.. i thought this fight was gonna stay standing and baroni just threw him down and owned the fight from there on..

i dont even think baroni knew what submission he got him with haha he said somethin like " i learned that on a fight i watched last week.. whats it called again"

lmfao
I dont think he wanted to stand toe to toe with a former boxing champion. But in the end, he did a pretty good job with that kimura.lol.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Socko said:
I dont think he wanted to stand toe to toe with a former boxing champion. But in the end, he did a pretty good job with that kimura.lol.
Baroni will stand with anyone.. but it was clear he wanted that fight on the ground

Baroni is the man.. i love his attitude..

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Yeah, I actually wasn't too sure about him before this fight, and even after his entrance.... but i like what he had to say afterwards

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Very good fight for Baroni. I doubt that Pride management was too happy though. It seems they put that fight together to be a slugfest.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It was a good fight but wish it couldve been an all out brawl like im betting everyone else thought it was gonna be.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
Organik said:
naw but phil told the ref.. his arms gonna break..

shit happens alot

same with Charles Bennett when he fought Takanori Gomi
God that was one hell of a fight!

Phil is a great man to watch, I love to see him stand and slug. If he get's some subs he'll be VERY dangerous.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chrisl972 said:
God that was one hell of a fight!

Phil is a great man to watch, I love to see him stand and slug. If he get's some subs he'll be VERY dangerous.

yea i like fighters like phil.. they are entertaining in and outside the ring... its ppl like him that make pride a "family event"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Baroni fought smarter than I would have given him credit for. I don't think anyone expected a takedown and submission least of all Nishijima....so props to him for that.

Having said that it was a bitter dissapointment for me.....after the let down of the Mark Hunt v Butterbean slugfest not happening a huge consolation was being able to see Baroni and Nishijima trade blows. It was clever fighting still a little anticlimactic though.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
FizzKick said:
Baroni fought smarter than I would have given him credit for. I don't think anyone expected a takedown and submission least of all Nishijima....so props to him for that.

Having said that it was a bitter dissapointment for me.....after the let down of the Mark Hunt v Butterbean slugfest not happening a huge consolation was being able to see Baroni and Nishijima trade blows. It was clever fighting still a little anticlimactic though.
i agree. i am a big nishijima fan after the fight with hunt. anyguy that can stand and box with mark like that is awesome in my book. maybe he should have fought butterbean, and baroni could have subbed ohaire. that would have been better. i really wanted to see phil and nish slug it out. but he said he had some personal things going on and he couldnt train like he wanted to, so he decided to fight smart and get the win. i guess you cant hate on him for that. i expected cyborg to throw with him too and he did the same thing. i guess nishijima is gonna have to get some take down defense if he wants to continue in mma. otherwise he'll always be an easy win. he should go train with cro cop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.