Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an exericise that is said (by bodybuilding.com) to be "The Absolute Best Way to Improve Your Leg Strength and Power for All Sports". If mastered you will definetly increase you vert, balance, speed, and coordination.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/legpower.htm

It is a bitch to learn, but it will definetly help you out in the long run. I'm start doing them some more because i had to stop but i could only do 1 but i am looking to be able to do 5 each leg

Edit: You're only suppossed to do 3-5 reps atleast five times per day, and do more reps for your weaker leg. So add around 2 sets of 4 reps per leg rest a minute then do 3 sets of 4 reps per leg. to your workout or whenever you want to do them (I'm going to do them Every workout.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
that looks defiantly like u said a b**** to learn the form. would take a long time to masture if u ask me lol

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually practicing every other day and doing like a set against something to help me pull up got me to be able to do one in no time! You get strong legs if you do them

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! I can do quite a few....I think from practicing them fairly consistently and because i was just at a wrestling camp and i was using my legs a lot.....I could stand up when someone had the hooks in and that took some strength

·
Registered
70 Posts
we use to do those in southern praying mantis...those are pretty hard....

Im starting to do them again....

My trainer can do them with ease...he is 50 years old

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Deadly Poet said:
we use to do those in southern praying mantis...those are pretty hard....

Im starting to do them again....

My trainer can do them with ease...he is 50 years old
man I tried one the other night.. not even close.. blance off.. can barely get my leg out.. I'd love to be able to do one eventually though

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Don said:
man I tried one the other night.. not even close.. blance off.. can barely get my leg out.. I'd love to be able to do one eventually though
I started again and its hell to do...

I use the door way or a column for support (mainly balance)...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Deadly Poet said:
all the way...

but try going as far as u can go and progress from there....

its a matter of building up till u can do them...
man I can see the benifits of these just by the motion.. These compared to those gymnastyic style hand stands (posted elsewhere) is a nearly complete work out...

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah but I would still do squats to parallel along with pistols because at the top of the motion with pistols it is way to easy. but the bottom of the motion is the hard part!

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good work. they can help a lot with everything

·
Registered
17 Posts
i did that when i was a lot younger in a kung fu class. besides mimicing a crane i didnt think it had that much purpose. but now i'd rather load up a couple plates on a straight bar and do squats. ehh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts