Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give the WW shot to Fitch!! Daley embarrassed himself today but Kos was no better, that performance is not the performance of a number one contender and the dickishness of Kos is so bad the only reason people will watch the fight with GSP is in the hope of seeing him get beaten to within an inch of his life!

·
Banned
689 Posts
lol at fitch having a better chance than kos fitch didn't do anything to gsp while kos atleast took him down, there is no-one in that div who has a better chance than kos

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
I really don't like watching Fitch fight, but damn I'd rather see him fight than Kos, if Daley deserved to get cut then Kos deserves a fitting punishment also.

Very tired (7am) so can't really think of better points but it may be worth t to see GSP stick a finger up to the criticism of him not being able to finish and ******* destroy Kos.

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
Kos would make a MUCH better fight than Fitch imo. Kos has improved his striking and has his wrestling....Fitch is one dimensional and it'd end the same way the first one did imo.

Are you forgetting about Fitch's lay-n-pray snoozefest against Saunders? Cmon now son.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i disagree with the TC, the Kos matchup would be the first chance in a while that wed get to see GSP stand and bang. the buildup is gonna be insane with TUF cause of Kos' naturally c0ck act. my only problem is that we gotta wait an entire year just to see GSP fight again which is incredibly gay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd prefer to see Kos fight GSP. He's the only welterweight I can think of well rounded enough to pose any kind of threat to GSP. GSP will still tool him, but I don't think it'll be 5 round domination. Kos at least can steal a round or two.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I really don't like watching Fitch fight, but damn I'd rather see him fight than Kos, if Daley deserved to get cut then Kos deserves a fitting punishment also.

Very tired (7am) so can't really think of better points but it may be worth t to see GSP stick a finger up to the criticism of him not being able to finish and ******* destroy Kos.

I hope this time, giving KOS to G.S.P will be punishment enough after that display, especially the PHANTOM KNEE.
IMO, what DALEY did was crap, but they were both as childish as eachother.
I just hope DALEY gets picked up by STRIKEFORCE, he'll no doubt regret what he did which is a shame because he's a talented guy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd prefer to see Kos fight GSP. He's the only welterweight I can think of well rounded enough to pose any kind of threat to GSP. GSP will still tool him, but I don't think it'll be 5 round domination. Kos at least can steal a round or two.
In my opinion GSP and Anderson Silva should be fighting in different weight classes. Can anybody argue that Koscheck is a better fighter than GSP? Fitch? Daly? These guys arent even close to the level GSP is at. Same goes for Anderson Silva. If you had to bet on Silva vs Sonnen you'd pick Silva 100 times out of 100. Its gotten to the point where they arent trying to find guys to fight them that are better, theyre finding guys that might have a shot at getting lucky. Sonnen is fighting Silva because Anderson has beat everybody else. He'll fight Belfort next not because Belfort deserves the shot. Belfort has had 1 fight in the UFC in the past 5 years...and it wasnt even at middleweight! Does that make him qualified to fight the champ? Ofcourse not. However, Belfort has the ability to land that knockout punch...so he gets the shot. Hardy didnt deserve a title shot, but he has KO power...maybe he could get a lucky punch and knockout GSP (ie. Serra fight). Maia really didnt deserve a title shot but hes damn good at submitting people maybe hell catch Anderson.

Lets be honest if Koscheck faught GSP 10 times we would all bet that GSP would win all 10. Same goes for Silva with Sonnen (although Silva has proven to be a little crazy lately so you never know). Its sad that the best reason you could come up with for Sonnen winning is that Silva has been a little weird recently.

MMA fights should be about determining who the best figher is, I understand "lucky" punches are apart of MMA but that shouldnt be the only way a guy is gonna win the fight. Even if Sonnen caught Silva in the first round with a huge right and KO'd him, would you be able to argue hes the better fighter? It should be about challenging your top fighters, not looking for guys who have a chance. What if GSP faught Chael Sonnen, would GSP win? I dont know! Thats what MMA should be about. Would Anderson Silva beat Rampage, Evans, Lidell? I dont know! GSP's most hyped fight in recent memory was against BJ Penn, because you didnt know who was the better fighter. These guys should be fighting the guys who would give them the best fight, if thats in another weight class then thats what should happen.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I agree with the thread starter. There were no winner in that fight yesterday, just two big losers. What is Kos going to do against GSP anyway, try to LnP on him too? He can't even get him to the ground. His only chance will be to try to convince the ref that GSP did some foul he made up, to get the dq win.

Not that a think Fitch is ever going to beat GSP either, but at least that guy has some self respect.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Josh's striking is superior to Fitch... pretty much equivelint on wrestling... but I'd give the GNP to Josh as well..

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Kos would make a MUCH better fight than Fitch imo. Kos has improved his striking and has his wrestling....Fitch is one dimensional and it'd end the same way the first one did imo.

Are you forgetting about Fitch's lay-n-pray snoozefest against Saunders? Cmon now son.
i thought fitch got him to the ground aswell? i might be wrong though, either way i also think he's one dimensional and has nothing new to bring to the table in another gsp fight.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm really not that pumped to see anyone in the WW division fight GSP. It just seems like it's going to be oh so predictably boring rehash of old victories. It's time for GSP to move up. Not to fight for the title (yet) but to test himself against some solid MW fighters.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Fitch is an awesome figthter but he's had his chance recently against GSP...it was a one-sided beating.

The only way Fitch will get another shot soon is if he finally mixes it up and starts putting guys away.

I think Kos has worked his ass off. He has come a very long way and has drastically improved. He's an exciting fighter and he truly does deserve his shot at the title.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.