Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Please help me with Nutrition/Training

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jaymackz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello i am Hudu from Dallas. I am significantly overweight. I am 6'0 260 pounds and i am in BJJ but i cant get the weight lose and the strength i need. Money isnt a problem. Every piece of gym equipment is avalible to me. Please give me some tips on dropping weight while getting stronger. Telling me the best supplements for these workouts would help also. Thanks

#2 ·
Hadu said:
Hello i am Hudu from Dallas. I am significantly overweight. I am 6'0 260 pounds and i am in BJJ but i cant get the weight lose and the strength i need. Money isnt a problem. Every piece of gym equipment is avalible to me. Please give me some tips on dropping weight while getting stronger. Telling me the best supplements for these workouts would help also. Thanks

I used to weigh 290 and I am 6'2".

Eat dinner at 4:30, never later. Drink at LEAST one gallon of water a day, sometimes 2. Jog, jog, jog, swim, jog, jog, swim, jog jog.

No gym equipment needed.

#7 ·
jaymackz said:
Keep attending BJJ class never miss a day.
-Run a lot. Preferably 3-5 miles. DO HIIT. a lotttt of sprinting.
-Eat healthy. Can't stress as to how important this is.
-Water. It helps promote fat loss.
-Work out. 2-3 times a week is good.
-Get your 8-10 hours of sleep.
-After BJJ class, don't go to mcdonalds. EAT home cooked meals!
-No sugar, processed foods, or fried/deep-fried foods.
-As for dinner, you don't have to eat @ 4:30 like what atom said.

It helps, trust me.

#9 ·
All of that ^^^^. plus when you drink water make sure its ice cold. your body actually uses a small amount of calories to get the water to body temp.(or so i'v read.) Don/t drink anything but water, you consume alot of empty calories by drinking soda's and juices, and gatorades.
Figure up your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), to do this take
1.4 X 24 X bodyweight in pounds X 0.45
What you come up with will be how many calories a day your body needs to maintain your weight. And in eating less, lowering calories it's best to do a little at a time, not just starve yourself right off. Let your body adapt. Cut out sat. fats., sweets ect.

#10 ·
BlondBlomber said:
All of that ^^^^. plus when you drink water make sure its ice cold. your body actually uses a small amount of calories to get the water to body temp.(or so i'v read.) Don/t drink anything but water, you consume alot of empty calories by drinking soda's and juices, and gatorades.
Figure up your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), to do this take
1.4 X 24 X bodyweight in pounds X 0.45
What you come up with will be how many calories a day your body needs to maintain your weight. And in eating less, lowering calories it's best to do a little at a time, not just starve yourself right off. Let your body adapt. Cut out sat. fats., sweets ect.
Drinking Cold water actually makes you lose energy faster and can tire you out quicker while working out, so if endurance is a factor, always use room temp water.

#13 ·
Not saying you guys are wrong. Although I was told never take cold water during a fight, during exercise I always drink cold water and it's never made me tired or took longer to consume?

COPY & PASTE

Is drinking cold water during or after exercise good for you or bad for you? Does the temperature of the water matter at all?
A. Believe it or not, cold water is absorbed faster by your body than water at room temperature or at body temperature. The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that water and other drinks be chilled when used for exercise.
Cold Water and Cold Drinks Rehydrate Faster
Research has shown that cold water passes through the stomach faster and is therefore sent to the intestines for absorbtion faster. During and after exercise, you want to replace fluids lost due to sweat rapidly, so cold water and cold sports drinks are preferred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.