Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just got into mma and i am about to start training a bit at home once I get some equippment, but I wont be able to join any mma clubs or anything because I am very busy with school and work. And I don't pland to get into it seriously or build a mma career... I just want to train hard at home.

Anyways, this might be kind of silly to ask, but I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on stand up techniques, punching, kicking and take down techniques. I just need some basic instructions so that I get the feel of it and so that I know how to train correctly.

If anyone here has the time to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

if anyone wants to contact me and help me via mail/aim my
email is :[email protected]
AIM: brocksolid99

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
brocksolid99 said:
Hey Everyone,

I just got into mma and i am about to start training a bit at home once I get some equippment, but I wont be able to join any mma clubs or anything because I am very busy with school and work. And I don't pland to get into it seriously or build a mma career... I just want to train hard at home.

Anyways, this might be kind of silly to ask, but I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on stand up techniques, punching, kicking and take down techniques. I just need some basic instructions so that I get the feel of it and so that I know how to train correctly.

If anyone here has the time to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

if anyone wants to contact me and help me via mail/aim my
email is :[email protected]
AIM: brocksolid99
is someone going to train with you?? it'll be hard to work take downs without a partner...i would suggest getting some dvds if you gitta train at home..proper technique is the most important thing in the begging..speed and power will come later...as far as stand up goes its best to just work the basics..you'll find they are usually the most effective..start with the jab..so in your head the jab is #1...then right cross which will be #2...then left hook #3..then right uppercut #4...cycle through these 4 punchs slowly for 15 minutes atleast a day..after a couple weeks you'll start to notice it flows better..before you know it you'll be able to throw a 4 punch combo quick and accurate...id start with that..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.