Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you explain this to me? How do I get them and what are they for? I see the eStore tab and I know there is a bank and it says something about adding interest, how much interest? I've also noticed you can buy some stuff for the site which seems like fun and a very good idea.

·
Administrator
2,076 Posts
Hey Kameleon,
points are given for when you make a new post or reply. There’s other ways to get posts like refer a friend to the site, i believe that’s 200!
Interest in the bank for the points is around 2% (what did you expect LOL)

Aside from being able to purchase some "gimmicky" things from the forum, you will be able to wager those points in vbookie events :thumbsup:

And lastly, no its not real money :D I wish :laugh:

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool, some of the gimmicky stuff I liked and I already put a bet down on Gracie. Will we be able to place bets on some of the other fights on that card?

·
Administrator
2,076 Posts
Kameleon said:
That's cool, some of the gimmicky stuff I liked and I already put a bet down on Gracie. Will we be able to place bets on some of the other fights on that card?
yea, id like to set that up, just need to either setup a dedicated section for fight betting or......

I'll see what i can do :D

·
Administrator
2,076 Posts
rdlviper said:
Can we get a break-down of all ways you can make points, and how many you earn for each...
i think its something like this but i don't know...
thread - 5 points, plus 1 point for every reply
post - 1 point
refer a friend - 200 points

is that right? or am i missing stuff??? i don't really know
Hi rdlviper

100 points for registering
100 points for a birthday
200 for referring someone to the site
|_ if the person you referred makes a post/reply or anything to earn points, you get 2x the points since you referred them
0.01 points for each character in a post.
1 point for good reputation
5 points if you create a poll
5 points for rating a thread
100 points for adding a profile picture -150 is you remove it
2% interest the bank offers
15 points for a thread
5 points for a reply

·
Registered
255 Posts
adminmma said:
Hi rdlviper

|_ if the person you referred makes a post/reply or anything to earn points, you get 2x the points since you referred them
15 points for a thread
5 points for a reply
Wow... looks like i'm going to have to refer some of my post whore friends :) then i'll be the richest person here!! haha

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find it funny how the points have no monetary value in real life but everybody wants them. I'm gonna start using bigger words and rate every thread.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kameleon said:
I find it funny how the points have no monetary value in real life but everybody wants them. I'm gonna start using bigger words and rate every thread.
i think it would be cool if like the top 10 points earners per month got a free t-shirt. if you think, you could make MMAforum.com t-shirts for like $5-7$ it would probably only cost about $50-70... we could help make the money by clicking on the ads!! hehe

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I steal someones point using the thief button will they know it was me. Cause some people have a lot of points, and I would like to even things out a bit.:cheeky4:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
see its people like you that make me keep my money in the bank, now with my finance background I wonder if there is a way I could set up a points based mutual fund and earn about 12% or more interest as opposed to the banks 2% and what is the inflation rate on points I mean in 2 years are my points going to be worth what they are now?

·
This is SPARTA!
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Don said:
see its people like you that make me keep my money in the bank, now with my finance background I wonder if there is a way I could set up a points based mutual fund and earn about 12% or more interest as opposed to the banks 2% and what is the inflation rate on points I mean in 2 years are my points going to be worth what they are now?
I don't understand anything you just wrote. That is also why I keep my points in the bank.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
adminmma said:
Hi rdlviper

15 points for a thread
5 points for a reply
in an effort to make a forum more efficient, i think you might want to consider my suggestions on altering your point system.

more threads on a forum can slow down your server and create more confusion / mess while trying to search old information etc, etc. To help that, perhaps changing new thread points to 5 and reply to 15 migth help? Also maybe adding points for using search (or advance search). Rating threads might deserve more points perhaps as I know i use that to help find the better threads of a highly multi-resulted search. If you can make it more point benefical to have longer posts reather than multiple replys in a thread, that might help as well.

and yes, I am VERY bored at work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts