Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. I have a test coming up in 2-3 weeks to see if I can get into the police academy.. I am not sure what the physical portions of it consist of right now.. but what would be the best way to do some speed conditioning in that time...?just some overall stuff.. so I don't get my but kicked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Don said:
ok.. I have a test coming up in 2-3 weeks to see if I can get into the police academy.. I am not sure what the physical portions of it consist of right now.. but what would be the best way to do some speed conditioning in that time...?just some overall stuff.. so I don't get my but kicked.
just keep ur MMA training...

run, pull ups, push ups, sprints, plyometrics....if u are training martial arts now u'll be able to pass it...

I hate cops "angry"...

j/k

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deadly Poet said:
just keep ur MMA training...

run, pull ups, push ups, sprints, plyometrics....if u are training martial arts now u'll be able to pass it...

I hate cops "angry"...

j/k
I have not been doing any MA training in over a year.. no time or money to do so.. but I am still in decent shape.. not what I used to be but not bad.. started using work out bands sinc eI do not have weights at home and doing push ups and such. gonna start running.. just not a fan of it..

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basicly I am gonna start doing some running.. at least 2 miles so the mile and 1/2 will not seem so bad in two weeks and going to do push up and such.. and work out with my resistance bands.. not sure what else I can do.. I work two job have two live in kids so not much time.. To think they are willing to give me a badge and a gun.. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I took my test for the police academy yesterday.. and man am I sore.. my legs have not hurt like this in years... it was pretty rough.. mainly due to the heat.. plus the water they provided was too cold cold water into a hot body in that kind of heat can make one sick.. here is the break down of the test...
It started with a skills assesment portion which consisted of a 200 yard run. 100 one way then back.. then you had to do 5 proper pushup, then drag a fully charged fire hose 50 yards.. then drag a 150 pound dummy 25 yard with out the head touching the ground... then a 50 pound bucket 25 yards.
you had max 7 minutes to do that event..

after that we did a flexibility test. then sit ups, 1 minutes max, then benchpress to max weight.. after that a mile and a half run.. that was the brutal part.. I am not a runner.. but I finished and not last either.. I know I am ahead of 3 people.. but that leaves 3 I am not sure of.. since I do not know what they put on the test..

there were 7 testing 1 female, 3 I know I beat out right that leaves 3 unknowns.. and there is only like 2-3 positions open so it will be close I'll keep you posated though

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
The Don said:
well for those interested.. I made it to the interview phase.. 1st interview is monday morning..
excellant work.:thumbsup: If you get the job do you have to do combat training?:)

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Don said:
well for those interested.. I made it to the interview phase.. 1st interview is monday morning..
Congrats man! Well done :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts