Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/archives/240#more-240

Fans of Japanese MMA fans know exactly what’s coming after hearing these shouted commands: a yellow card. And just like soccer, the yellow card comes out as a warning that your behavior simply isn’t going to be accepted.

But unlike the sport currently featured in the World Cup, when a yellow card comes out in MMA – a result of stalling by one of the competitors – a 10 percent purse penalty comes along with it. So in our latest MMAjunkie.com/”Inside MMA” poll, we asked if fans would like to see the same system implemented in North America, and the results were revealed on Friday’s new edition of HDNet’s weekly MMA-news show.

(continue reading…)

·
Call Me King
419 Posts
I would prefer this over the warning system we have which is reliant on the referee's preferences and not the violations made.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have many different feelings about this. On one hand I was wishing we had the yellow card during the Silva vs Maia fight. I actually twittered White and told him so...lol. On the other hand who am I to determine whether someone should loose some of their money? How would you feel if you got yellow carded at your job because you had an off day? How would your wife and kids feel? I also feel it could be abused by referees and promotions. I can hear the uneducated drunken fans screaming for it now. Besides that...it could be a very hard system to put in place in the USA. Im sure there is all kinds of legal issues surrounding it. Ill pass on this since I am undecided.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I have many different feelings about this. On one hand I was wishing we had the yellow card during the Silva vs Maia fight. I actually twittered White and told him so...lol. On the other hand who am I to determine whether someone should loose some of their money? How would you feel if you got yellow carded at your job because you had an off day? How would your wife and kids feel? I also feel it could be abused by referees and promotions. I can hear the uneducated drunken fans screaming for it now. Besides that...it could be a very hard system to put in place in the USA. Im sure there is all kinds of legal issues surrounding it. Ill pass on this since I am undecided.
This is actually the only problem I have with yellow cards in North America. Japanese crowds are usually very respectful, they barely boo at all unless someone did something very unsportsmanlike. American and European crowds are not like that to express it politely.

·
Registered
619 Posts
This is actually the only problem I have with yellow cards in North America. Japanese crowds are usually very respectful, they barely boo at all unless someone did something very unsportsmanlike. American and European crowds are not like that to express it politely.
Yup! I agree.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.