Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Do you think Rich Franklin should've had a warm up fight B4 last nights title defense

• Yes: A fight in a smaller show would've been beneficial because of his lengthy lay off

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No: All the sparring he did during his training was enough

Votes: 10 40.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched the Franklin Silva fight, and to me Rich looked like he had some ring rust. Do you think he shouldve had a warm up fight before last nights title defense after the lengthy layoff he had? Im not taking anything away from Silva. I had my money on him in the first place, but I didnt think Franklin would be dominated like this though.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Warmup fights are not what the UFC should be about...that's my opinion. He's a fighter, not a baby. With being the champ comes the responsibility of needing to beat anyone they put in front of you. Warmup fights are for pussies, and Rich is not a *****.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Warmup fights are not what the UFC should be about...that's my opinion. He's a fighter, not a baby. With being the champ comes the responsibility of needing to beat anyone they put in front of you. Warmup fights are for pussies, and Rich is not a *****.
Thats a good point but I voted yes. He wouldve lost either way though just not as bad.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
yes......I think he is a slacker too....

·
Banned
723 Posts
They should of had him fight the winner of TUF (since they have been hyping that on the show) before they through him in their with Silva.

Pogo

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Like I said before in another thread, Rich was the champion and he had to be prepared to fight anybody wheter he was coming off an injury or not! That's what makes them a champion!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would have thought he would have fought a guy similar to Silva just to get a beat on things. Probably his first mistake your right.

·
Registered
794 Posts
a tune up fight would have been beneficial to rich after a long lay off but it aint never gunna happen with champs in UFC....and nor should it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.