Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
if Weidman is seriously 2:1 i'll be putting a few on Maia, don't know how he can be the favourite in the bookies eyes.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Agreed. Weidman is amonster and I think he would soundly beat Palhares but Maia can outstrike him IMO.
I believe it's the other way around.

Should be a fun fight.

Maia hasn't subbed anyone in quite a time and I don't think he is subbing Weidman either.

The only thing is: how much of a short-term fight this is for Weidman?! As far as I know he didn't have anything scheduled.
Is he ready physically and mentally?!

·
SikWithIt
2,539 Posts
Too big of a jump for Weidman especially if K-1 Maia shows up

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Wow, I must have been hiding under a rock, because I never really heard or paid attention to Chris Weidman. Just checked his last few fights out and he's a very solid fighter from the few fights I watched. This should be interesting!

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
Wow, I must have been hiding under a rock, because I never really heard or paid attention to Chris Weidman. Just checked his last few fights out and he's a very solid fighter from the few fights I watched. This should be interesting!
He is I guess what you would call the best prospect to beat Anderson, a beast wrestler with amazing BJJ, his only issue is that he's still very green. Looks like he'll be getting a shot sooner rather than later if he beats Maia though.

I am fairly sure he beat Phil Davis in wrestling in college, which means he's a very big MW. I'd check but Wikipedia is blacked out cos of the stupid United States government.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Weird, the option to quote isn't showing up on this page only for some odd reason, or edit.

Anyways, if he competed against let alone beat Phils Davis, in a wrestling match, that is very very impressive. Phil Davis is massive!

Well I'm looking forward to see how he does against Maia.

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
The first of these is 'The All American' Chris Weidman. Having registered victories over the likes of Ryan Bader and Phil Davis on the Wrestling mat, the 25-year old has since gone on to accumulate a 4-0 record in Pro MMA against tough opposition, and has looked excellent in the process. Weidman gave a brief introduction to his background in sports before he entered MMA competition.

"I started Wrestling in second grade as well as doing Shudokan Karate for two years," he began. "I've been always involved in physical sports. I tried out for the 2008 Olympics, and Wrestled throughout my whole college career and high school. I didn't make it for those, and I tried out Jiu Jitsu shortly after. Then, I had to make the decision whether I was going to check out this 'MMA thing' and go with that, or try again for 2012. Those were my options, and at the same time I was moving into Grad school and trying to do the right thing with that as well."
Source: http://www.britmma.co.uk/#/introducing-the-all-americ/4546694681

·
Know what im sayin'?
545 Posts
Demian Maia... bring it home kid ;)

Seriously though this is stylistically a very good match up for demian.

IF he is indeed an underdog I will probably go all in on Maia, this guy should be a 2-1 favourite.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Man, two of my favorite fighters! Extremely excited to see this one!

I am going to be pulling for Maia but would not be upset either way!

I'd check but Wikipedia is blacked out cos of the stupid United States government.
This time it is not the American Governments fault, it is Wikipedia's fault! Sure, our congress is looking into bills to help halt online piracy, but the bills that Wiki is concerned about and protesting with the black out have efectivly been killed by the President. So they are shutting down because of a law that never was!

At the end of the day, piracy needs to be addressed and it is congresses job to pass laws. These two laws were not looking like they were going to pass to begin with and are not pretty much dead because of Obama. That is exactly how government should work! Propose laws to stop a problem, if the laws cause other problems, scrap them and start over!

Finally they got it right!

·
Kneel Before Christ!
8,024 Posts
Weidman should win a pretty cut and dry decision here. Maia really has nothing for him. Too bad he's the betting favourite...would've been easy money.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
The card looks ten times better now than it did just yesterday morning. Awesome.

Good fight... I'd take Maia, but Weidman has impressed me, so who knows.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Man, two of my favorite fighters! Extremely excited to see this one!

I am going to be pulling for Maia but would not be upset either way!

This time it is not the American Governments fault, it is Wikipedia's fault! Sure, our congress is looking into bills to help halt online piracy, but the bills that Wiki is concerned about and protesting with the black out have efectivly been killed by the President. So they are shutting down because of a law that never was!

At the end of the day, piracy needs to be addressed and it is congresses job to pass laws. These two laws were not looking like they were going to pass to begin with and are not pretty much dead because of Obama. That is exactly how government should work! Propose laws to stop a problem, if the laws cause other problems, scrap them and start over!

Finally they got it right!
It shouldn't be outside of revoking the legislation making it illegal since it removed an existing right for a bullshit reason. It is a protest to let them know that what they are doing is against the will of the people so they don't try this shit again.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts