Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanna know what is up with the cheesy techno music, awful announcers and overblown dramatic entrances and introductions. Oh yeah may I repeat that the announcer is AWFUL and so is the music! Anyone else watching this right now? OMG this is killing me I almost want to mute it!

***SPOILER***

LAWLER WINS THE FIRST FIGHT WITH ONLY ONE HIGH KICK AND A FLYING KNEE FOR A KO IN 22 SECONDS! A GOOD START!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
You've never seen Pride before? Where've you been homie?;) You should see it when they are in Japan. Giagantic arenas filled to capacity and the fans there are extremely passionate about the sport. It's really a great production.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Lawler is one of those fighters, who should be put in every opening fight on every MMA show. He hardly ever has a boring fight(Hell, has Lawler ever been in a boring fight?), and he's the type of fighter who gets the crowd going.

·
Registered
542 Posts
iwasthere said:
I just wanna know what is up with the cheesy techno music, awful announcers and overblown dramatic entrances and introductions. Oh yeah may I repeat that the announcer is AWFUL and so is the music! Anyone else watching this right now? OMG this is killing me I almost want to mute it!

***SPOILER***

LAWLER WINS THE FIRST FIGHT WITH ONLY ONE HIGH KICK AND A FLYING KNEE FOR A KO IN 22 SECONDS! A GOOD START!
Hey keep us poor saps updated on the Pride event who can't see it ... it's PPV no doubt? First match ... was it Robbie Lawler vs. who?

·
Registered
318 Posts
LOL is this the first Pride event you've seen? I'm not watching the PPV but from your description I can tell you they open it like that everytime. Personally I like the way they open the show, how they bring out all the fighters. It really sets the stage and makes you feel like you are at an event and not just another fight.

I'd approach it with an open mind and stop trying to compare it with how UFC operates, like that's the only way to run things. I'd rather each fighting league be original rather than just copy the other's style anyways.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
screenamesuck said:
I have seen many pride events but this one is extra cheesy I promise! I will give a full re-cap when it is over. The announcer is an old lady that rolls every word... its awful. I enjoy bringing out all the fighters and giving an intro but they aren't playing their own music its like true club techno. I think I am watching YOU GOT SERVED OR SOMETHIN?
the old lady at least isnt anything new ive heard her at bushido before and ya shes soooo annoying but kinda makes you wanna try saying it that way just like bruce buffer hahah:laugh:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I watch UFC and Pride and have never really gotten into the whole arguement of which is better but tonight as forced me to pick a side. The announcers are terrible, if Frank Trigg and the other two jackasses weren't trying to push it so bad then it would be alright but they won't shut up about Pride in the USA and how they are so much better then all other MMA organizations. The she man doing the introductions will give anyone watching nightmares for sure.

After tonight I will still always watch both organizations but I must say UFC comes across to me as more of a sport and Pride more like the WWE.

I guess it just bugs me how bad these guys are all, even a couple fighters trying to push Pride on everyone. I know they need to try and sell it but let the fighting do the job not them repeating themselves a 1000 times on how they are the best.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Trigg is so bad that he makes Mike Goldberg sound like Quadros. Trigg constantly talks about himself, like he's actually relevant in MMA. Well, what else is new?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay now I have lost all respect for Pride and Mark Coleman. What a joke that was at the end of his fight with the whole "Rocky" theme. That was probally the worst scripted emotional moment ever in all of sports. They had just siad he made his kids leave the building for the fight then all of a sudden out of no where they appear again with perfect timing. The pathetic thing is that it is so obvious it was set up like that and the fact that they put his poor kids through that to try and win the audiance is more pathetic. The only thing I found good about it was that people booed it.

Silva is a punk for getting in there and playing tough and calling out Liddell knowing full well he wouldn't be there to defend himself.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
That lady announcer sucks. I think she started announcing in the 2006owgp cause I remember hearing those screetches from past fight vids. Thomas and Mack Center is so small for a pride event. Made it look super small compared to the huge Japanese domes. All in all the event was pretty cool though. Lots of good fights. Every single fight was very fun to watch. Hard to get that out of UFC. Although I love both organizations

·
Registered
48 Posts
the he/she announcer pissed me off.. what a ****, the tehcno music was annoying, the fights were pretty good, especially the HW. Frank Trigg is annoying, the announcers constantly repeating how much better it is, the dumb ass asian announcer who kept mistaking 5'10 for 5;1, i laughed my ass off- the oppenent in blue corner, is 5'1 and 205 pounds... - really? or hed say both fighters are like 6'0, when one towers over the other.. also the one asian guy during break that took 20 minutes to say one sentance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh yeah, PRide is definetly > UFC right? :laugh:

Stick to Japan, you freaking morons.

Who else thought Coleman would die though? I was sure he was gonna be a gonner, but he still lives!

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spearsoldier said:
Oh yeah, PRide is definetly > UFC right? :laugh:

Stick to Japan, you freaking morons.

Who else thought Coleman would die though? I was sure he was gonna be a gonner, but he still lives!
I do believe Pride has better fighters than UFC overall but I would love to see Sylvia vs. Emelianenko(good bloodbath, heard it was good for aging skin) or Emelianenko vs. Emelianenko(Brother Battle)

·
Registered
376 Posts
say wat you want about pride... the fact of the matter is UFC is hiding behind its pazzas and sparkles... and home brewed rivalry's.. not to mention sequels and trilogy fights of everything.. THEY DONT HAVE ANY GOOD FIGHTERS!!

despite the cheese PRIDE still has what matters... alot of good fighters take that to the bank *****

·
Registered
268 Posts
ricefarmer said:
say wat you want about pride... the fact of the matter is UFC is hiding behind its pazzas and sparkles... and home brewed rivalry's.. not to mention sequels and trilogy fights of everything.. THEY DONT HAVE ANY GOOD FIGHTERS!!

despite the cheese PRIDE still has what matters... alot of good fighters take that to the bank *****
At least when our guys fight, its not in a NON TITLE MATCH half the time.

·
Registered
376 Posts
ok spearsoldier...

i guess you love pitting the same people 3 times in a row cuz there are no GOOD FIGTHERS...

your point is you rather see stupid title matches that never end versus top figthers in mma? is that what your sayiing moron?

dana white will make it title match just to get people hyped up even when they ran out of figthers or good figthers to go agiants the champ..

your argument is stupid ass hell

·
Registered
302 Posts
1hittaquitta said:
the he/she announcer pissed me off.. what a ****, the tehcno music was annoying, the fights were pretty good, especially the HW. Frank Trigg is annoying, the announcers constantly repeating how much better it is, the dumb ass asian announcer who kept mistaking 5'10 for 5;1, i laughed my ass off- the oppenent in blue corner, is 5'1 and 205 pounds... - really? or hed say both fighters are like 6'0, when one towers over the other.. also the one asian guy during break that took 20 minutes to say one sentance.
Yeah, those dumbasses. They really need to learn how to speak and read in English even though they're from Japan. Morons. I mean, it's like they didn't even make an effort!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.