·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Cool. I like vitor even though he sucks now

·
Registered
21 Posts
moldy said:
He can't stay in this slump forever. Where did the phenom go? I miss the old vitor.
Me too but I fear he isn't coming back anytime soon. Vitor is past his prime now, maybe he could fight Gracie both are past their prime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vitor Belfort is amazing, he is truly a great MMA fighter, I'm glad that he was signed by such a huge MMA organization in Pride, I know he'll do great and I wish him all the best.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I think this is good for Pride.
I think Pride has realized that it needs more 'name fighters' ... guys that people know. I think having these guys will help raise the image of Pride to the next level, and then people might even start to know some of their Japanese fighters. The Japanese names make it difficult to remember who is who.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rdlviper said:
I think Pride has realized that it needs more 'name fighters' ... guys that people know. I think having these guys will help raise the image of Pride to the next level, and then people might even start to know some of their Japanese fighters. The Japanese names make it difficult to remember who is who.
They actually do have alot name fighters. Just not big names in the U.S. because they don't get as much exposure in North America as the UFC does. That will all change as they start to show live events on tv and more people start to see how huge that org really is.

As far as Pride raising it's image, they are doing alright in that catagory. They are more known worldwide than UFC by far and really are the biggest MMA organization around.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
moldy said:
He can't stay in this slump forever. Where did the phenom go? I miss the old vitor.
Same. I miss it when he would beat the snot out of the dominant fighters like Tank Abbott and such. But when he came back his matches were all boring, sloppy, no effort from him. I guess that's why he has parted ways with UFC and went to Pride. I hope he improves in Pride but I highly doubt it. He will stay the same way he was; boring, sloppy fighting. You see, in his old days he beat Wanderlei Silva in about a minute. Nowadays if he had a match with Wanderlei it would be so boring and sloppy and probably be a unanimous decision. Before he returned to UFC in 2002 he was gold. But then when he returned and lost to Chuck by split decision he has been boring ever since. He was one of my favourites but not anymore.

·
Registered
561 Posts
rdlviper said:
Good point, I have a hard time getting into Pride for 2 reasons, 1 is that I have no idea who half the fighters are so its hard to get pumped about an upcoming fight, and 2 is I hate that damn Japanese anouncer lady thats screams like a banshee after every fight. Man I hate her!:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hopefully he beats a bunch of b-level guys so he can go back up the rankings. I think his record should be at 16-7 before he fights another legit opponent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry if this is a noob question, but do you guys think Vitor's decline had to due with the kidnapping of his kid sister?

I hear it was Brazilian gangsters who tried to extort Vitor into tanking a fight. When he said no, his sister disappeared and he hasn't been the same since. Factually speaking, I know that his sis was indeed kidnapped and that Vitor has admitted to being a wreck ever since. The extortion rumor is just that.

Either way, it's a very sad story, and it sux to see the phenon lose to guys he would have destroyed in his heyday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.