Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
This is Prides official site HERE

I don’t, maybe they got some good heavy weights, but right now UFC has all the momentum and it doesn’t seem like Pride is doing a good enough job to capitalize.

I think pride will fall to UFC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pride

Pride draws huge crowds in Japan. It outdraws UFC by a lot. Pride gets fighters worldwide, not just mainly North Americans like UFC. Silvia wouldnt even be a top 5 fighter in Pride. Fedor, Noguiera, Crocop, Hunt, Kharitonov would whoop Arlovski, Sylvia, Mir, Buentello, or any UFC heavyweight. Vanderlei would kill Tito or Chuck under Pride rules. And you saw what happened to Jens Pulver when he went over there. He got spanked by an average Pride fighter. In the cage, UFC fighters pray and lay.. no skill. Pride forces you to fight without a cage, which is used to wrestler's advantage. Pride is an even battlefield for grapplers and strikers. Buy a Pride DVD at Best Buy. You'll see the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True Fan?

You cannot consider yourself a fight fan if you have only seen ONE Pride fight. You cannot judge an organization by ONE fight. Go watch some old tapes and step your game up. Also, how come I am seeing people list their favorite fighters but they have only seen them fight "a couple of times"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Adora said:
thanks. Ahh i have seen them before. I was watching a match on FSN 1 time and it look like Kickboxeing with out the gloves. I watched it for a few mins and there was not very much action.


Kickboxing without the gloves??????? You can stomp a competitors head while their down. Plus they give a yellow card to the fighters if the action slows up. If issued a yellow card it takes 10% of their winnings away. It's pretty much like UFC but a little more brutal! Maybe you just caught a sorry match.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
Wanderlei Silva Fan said:
Kickboxing without the gloves??????? You can stomp a competitors head while their down. Plus they give a yellow card to the fighters if the action slows up. If issued a yellow card it takes 10% of their winnings away. It's pretty much like UFC but a little more brutal! Maybe you just caught a sorry match.
adora ur crazi pride is good man i jush they didnt fight in a ring, they need a cage...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
ur crazy

jenelprime said:
Pride draws huge crowds in Japan. It outdraws UFC by a lot. Pride gets fighters worldwide, not just mainly North Americans like UFC. Silvia wouldnt even be a top 5 fighter in Pride. Fedor, Noguiera, Crocop, Hunt, Kharitonov would whoop Arlovski, Sylvia, Mir, Buentello, or any UFC heavyweight. Vanderlei would kill Tito or Chuck under Pride rules. And you saw what happened to Jens Pulver when he went over there. He got spanked by an average Pride fighter. In the cage, UFC fighters pray and lay.. no skill. Pride forces you to fight without a cage, which is used to wrestler's advantage. Pride is an even battlefield for grapplers and strikers. Buy a Pride DVD at Best Buy. You'll see the difference.
i agree wit the heavyweights, but chuck would beat wandelei silva, didnt u see wat vitor did to him, that was awhile ago but still
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
i agree

Fador Emelinanco is by far the most complete mma fighter in the world today
and i think he'll be pride's heavyweight champ for a very long time.
also the star power that Quenton Rampage Jackson is unbeliveable.
his slams are riveled only by Matt Hughes of the UFC:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
unbelivable

:laugh:
Kameleon said:
I've watched UFC since it started. I've just now started watching Pride.
Dig this Kameleon Ufc was developed for the soul purpose to find out which form of fighting was supperrior. Gracie ju-jitsiu was and in my estimation the best technique. but you're no merco cro-cop and i dought you have knock out power in either leg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
yeah right

:
jdun11 said:
i agree wit the heavyweights, but chuck would beat wandelei silva, didnt u see wat vitor did to him, that was awhile ago but still
:laugh: the Iceman is One of ufc's top fighters but he could'nt even compete wit Rampage. In chuck's own game Quenton Jackson smashed lidell
in stand-up until he melted the Iceman wit a powerful right uppercut wile president of ufc Dana White watched one of his workhorses get put to sleep.:cheeky4: and the funny thing is silva distroyed rampage twice both by knockout. it's scenceless to think that chuck could last one round with silva;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Wanderlei Silva Fan said:
Kickboxing without the gloves??????? You can stomp a competitors head while their down. Plus they give a yellow card to the fighters if the action slows up. If issued a yellow card it takes 10% of their winnings away. It's pretty much like UFC but a little more brutal! Maybe you just caught a sorry match.
Damn, and that would have an affect on a UFC fighter not trained for that type of environment......

Going into a cage against a guy who has NO intention of losing 10% of his pay.... :laugh:
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
Pride is something different than UFC, but they both play to the same audience. Don't judge just by one fight. This is the organization that beat Royce Gracie, so that says something about the fighters.
 
1 - 20 of 587 Posts
Top