Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some thing that is really plesant to see in pride is every fighter are elite and every one can loose to some one most of the time it s not like UFC card that u can pick up winner with a Win ratio 90% maybe one upset during event Max.. I saw some thread that Crocop is overated F*ck no. I think Crocop can beat fedor Nog or Hunt Any time and vice versa for them. Most of the time u dont have a clue who gonna win that was is pride is all aboutt. Only Top elite fighter.. And some thing that is pretty cool In Japan is that people are Fan of MMA they cheer for both guy when they enter the ring cuz they give respect to both fighter some thing that u will never see in UFC...and i got a question do any one here can Name 5 top ufc fighter in 205 class and 205+

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Have you been paying attention? You think Crocop can beat Mark Hunt. It's just a horrible matchup for crocop. There's not one fighter in the world capable of KOing Mark Hunt. As great as Crocop's left leg is he still can't get that KO victory, maybe a decision, but not likely.

Crocop has a shot at Fedor. He always has a shot, because that left leg can put anyone to sleep, but it's not a great chance.

·
Banned
723 Posts
"Some thing that is really plesant to see in pride is every fighter are elite and every one can loose to some one most of the time it s not like UFC card that u can pick up winner with a Win ratio 90% maybe one upset during event Max."

Thats not true at all. Its much harder to stay in the UFC than in Pride.

In the UFC, if you lose your first fight your out (unless you had a really good showing you might get a second chance). If your starting and lose two fights in a row your out. If your a mid to upper level guy you might get three chances before your out. You have to earn your way to the UFC by fighting and winning on the smaller show circuit. You also have to win to stay in the UFC.

In Pride you have guy's that are still there even after they lost like 4 or 5 fights in a row. You got guy's there with horrible win-lose records with many more loses who are still fighting there. They also allow guy's in who have never fought before and its their first fight. They rountinely bring in guy's who don't belong in an MMA ring like pro werestlers Giant Silva, Sean O'Haire, Yuji Nagata, Naoya Ogawa or a boxer with no MMA experience like Butterbean. The UFC would never allow those guy's to fight. Not to mention that Pride is always bringing guy's who couldn't make it in the UFC and were kicked out.

Pogo

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Crocopride said:
Some thing that is really plesant to see in pride is every fighter are elite and every one can loose to some one most of the time it s not like UFC card that u can pick up winner with a Win ratio 90% maybe one upset during event Max.. I saw some thread that Crocop is overated F*ck no. I think Crocop can beat fedor Nog or Hunt Any time and vice versa for them. Most of the time u dont have a clue who gonna win that was is pride is all aboutt. Only Top elite fighter.. And some thing that is pretty cool In Japan is that people are Fan of MMA they cheer for both guy when they enter the ring cuz they give respect to both fighter some thing that u will never see in UFC...and i got a question do any one here can Name 5 top ufc fighter in 205 class and 205+
top 5 205
chuck liddell
tito ortiz
renato sobral
forrest griffin
mike bispring

top 5 205+
tim sylvia
andre aloski
jeff monson
Vera
frank mir

anyone disargee this is JUST ufc i know bisrping is a little questionable but everyone knows hes got talent and can u think of anyone better?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
"Some thing that is really plesant to see in pride is every fighter are elite and every one can loose to some one most of the time it s not like UFC card that u can pick up winner with a Win ratio 90% maybe one upset during event Max."

Thats not true at all. Its much harder to stay in the UFC than in Pride.

In the UFC, if you lose your first fight your out (unless you had a really good showing you might get a second chance). If your starting and lose two fights in a row your out. If your a mid to upper level guy you might get three chances before your out. You have to earn your way to the UFC by fighting and winning on the smaller show circuit. You also have to win to stay in the UFC.

In Pride you have guy's that are still there even after they lost like 4 or 5 fights in a row. You got guy's there with horrible win-lose records with many more loses who are still fighting there. They also allow guy's in who have never fought before and its their first fight. They rountinely bring in guy's who don't belong in an MMA ring like pro werestlers Giant Silva, Sean O'Haire, Yuji Nagata, Naoya Ogawa or a boxer with no MMA experience like Butterbean. The UFC would never allow those guy's to fight. Not to mention that Pride is always bringing guy's who couldn't make it in the UFC and were kicked out.

Pogo
You're right man. That statement has now converted me into a Pride hater and a huge UFC fan. Get real man, anyone that watches Pride knows that those guys are not what makes up Pride. One of the guys that was kept in Pride even though he was not that great, as per your obsrvation, was Mr. Anderson Silva. Then after getting his ass whooped in Pride (his last two Pride fights were losses to Takase & Chonan), he came to the UFC and decided to literally embarass yours truly Mr.Ace Franklin. And now he's the poster boy. Mnyah...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
And Phil Baroni got his ass handed to him with four straight loses in the UFC and then ended up in Pride where he is now a poster boy. So whats your point?

Pogo
wouldnt say hes a poster boy and isnt he in that shit show frank shamrock runs strikeforce or something like that sounds like a superhero team :laugh:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
herton17 said:
You're right man. That statement has now converted me into a Pride hater and a huge UFC fan. Get real man, anyone that watches Pride knows that those guys are not what makes up Pride. One of the guys that was kept in Pride even though he was not that great, as per your obsrvation, was Mr. Anderson Silva. Then after getting his ass whooped in Pride (his last two Pride fights were losses to Takase & Chonan), he came to the UFC and decided to literally embarass yours truly Mr.Ace Franklin. And now he's the poster boy. Mnyah...
dont quite get your reasoning....

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
And Phil Baroni got his ass handed to him with four straight loses in the UFC and then ended up in Pride where he is now a poster boy. So whats your point?

Pogo
Phil Baroni went through some tough shit lately. He is far from a poster boy or an A level fightere for that matter.

·
Registered
376 Posts
forrest griffin being in ur top 5 shows u that ufc is lacking in the LHW division.. forrest sucks ass.. i dont even know why rogan calls him a striker.. a striker who can't knock out sorry ass bonnar.. just because they punch doesn't mean they are strikers esp. when they suck at it

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
ricefarmer said:
forrest griffin being in ur top 5 shows u that ufc is lacking in the LHW division.. forrest sucks ass.. i dont even know why rogan calls him a striker.. a striker who can't knock out sorry ass bonnar.. just because they punch doesn't mean they are strikers esp. when they suck at it
well overall all their divisions are weak right now except light weight and welter weight in my opinion

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
herton17 said:
Lightweight is not weak?
well considering they have alot of potential in that division comapred to the other ones theres like joe stevenson jens pulver hominick sherk yve edwads and a bunch of others where as middle weight has like anderson silva and a bunch of other cans that he'll kick around for a while well unless rich makes a come back or swick can somehow pull something out of his ass light heavy has tito and chuck thats basicly it the other top people are still too new to this sport and heavy weight is just shit even though vera looks kinda interesting

·
Registered
91 Posts
ricefarmer said:
Bonnar was a two time golden gloves champion in chicago. Not a weak accomplishment at all. Bonnar is much better on his feet than he gets credit for. I would make a horse comment here but that would be in bad taste.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
ricefarmer said:
Bonnar isn't a sorry ass, he's a tough dude

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I like both Forrest and Stephen but you can't compare those two guys to top athletes in the world right now. Forrest is getting there but their toughness is not enough to compare to some of those beasts out there.
They can certainly put on a show though!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
It's not hard for the UFC to do this when half of their PPV cards are guys who no one has ever heard of before. I honestly can't believe that people are buying into this bullshit the UFC is pulling.

Pogo the Clown said:
Name one person who has lost 4 or 5 times in a row and is still there. Win-lose records don't matter, if you want to talk about that then Randy Couture had a horrible record, and he was in the UFC until his retirement. You do realize that awhile back the UFC was really trying to shoot for a Rogan vs. Snipes fight, didn't you? The only reason it didn't happen was because Snipes could't come to an agreement with the UFC. Both organizations are going to do this type of stuff if it makes money. And so what if they're taking the UFC's rejects? Is that supposed to make them look bad? It's not like those guys are tearing through Pride's best or anything. I would rather watch guys like Baroni and Vitor on my PPVs rather than unknown guys I've never heard of on my PPVs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.