Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think Pride's advertising sucks? I saw about 3 previews for the Real Deal and they could have been much better. If I didnt already know about Pride these advertisements would not have made me wanna buy it. In order for Pride to compete with the UFC in the states I think they must improve their marketing. It's a shame they have such a great product and no one knows about it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ive never seen a pride advertisement before

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fighter J said:
Ive never seen a pride advertisement before
If they would only advertise more like the UFC they'd be alot more popular. I just dont get how they expect to get new fans in the states if they dont promote their product.

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
asskicker said:
If they would only advertise more like the UFC they'd be alot more popular. I just dont get how they expect to get new fans in the states if they dont promote their product.
ya but UFC has a locked spot on north american TV.. spike helps alot with the advertising.. and pride shows some nice ko's but i think the way they start there payperviews is sweet, haha they al;ways show like 10 KO's in slow motion with a slow song playing.. shit is sick

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe if they were able to showcase some of their old archived fights & best of stuff on On Demand cable t.v. that would be cool.
That event they had for free last month on FSN was a good one.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
asskicker said:
Does anyone else think Pride's advertising sucks? I saw about 3 previews for the Real Deal and they could have been much better. If I didnt already know about Pride these advertisements would not have made me wanna buy it. In order for Pride to compete with the UFC in the states I think they must improve their marketing. It's a shame they have such a great product and no one knows about it.

They are Japanese, they probably didn't change much up for thier event here like I posted that they should.

If they keep thier shows aimed at Japanese fans, and just hold the event here, they aren't going to draw in a lot of American fans.

·
Registered
318 Posts
AtomDanger said:
They are Japanese, they probably didn't change much up for thier event here like I posted that they should.

If they keep thier shows aimed at Japanese fans, and just hold the event here, they aren't going to draw in a lot of American fans.
What things are you referring to? You want everyone to speak English? I like the fact they stayed close to their roots with the event.

IMO their strength is in their interational diversity of their fighters, the best fighters in the world go to Pride. I think they showed that last night. Let the quality of the fight sell the sport rather than all this WWE-style talk BS. I mean really that's what it should come down to, the fight. The one thing that did hamper them here is something out of their control, the fighting rules. I missed the 10 minute 1st rounds and knees on the ground.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Shogun said:
What things are you referring to? You want everyone to speak English? I like the fact they stayed close to their roots with the event.

IMO their strength is in their interational diversity of their fighters, the best fighters in the world go to Pride. I think they showed that last night. Let the quality of the fight sell the sport rather than all this WWE-style talk BS. I mean really that's what it should come down to, the fight. The one thing that did hamper them here is something out of their control, the fighting rules. I missed the 10 minute 1st rounds and knees on the ground.

Well, you want to talk about the fighting rules, they said no elbows, not the NSGC. Also, You're right!!!! Lets cut the WWE BS out of it, oh wait, Wanderlei coming down to talk trash in a shiny shirt, and that STUPID ramp lol

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AtomDanger said:
Well, you want to talk about the fighting rules, they said no elbows, not the NSGC. Also, You're right!!!! Lets cut the WWE BS out of it, oh wait, Wanderlei coming down to talk trash in a shiny shirt, and that STUPID ramp lol
Lol I know. All these Pride nuthuggers always bash on the UFC for there "WWE like antics" when Pride is just as bad. To me I dont really see why this is a big deal. Yes I watch MMA for the fights but a little side entertainment doesnt hurt. I think it helps bring more fans and more fans is ultimatly the best thing for all of us because it can only make the sport grow more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts