Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my dilemma, On Monday I weighed in at 176 and throughout the week I've been progressively going down about 14oz a day. Thursday I weighed in at 171.8 and I thought I was on my way down to 155. But, Friday I weighed in at 172.4 and then today I weighed in at 173.0. My diet and training routine is the same, I should also add I work in the airline industry loading and unloading aircrafts all day so that's a workout itself.

My sugar intake I keep very low to maybe 5-10 grams a day, some times less. Sodium level is ok, I drink a gallon and a half of water a day, I eat 4-5 small meals a day, and I train 6 days a week, consisting off 3 days of sparring and pad work, 3 days of conditioning. My problem is my weight will fluctuate but I see my body getting leaner and my gut is slimming down. I need to make 155 by August 21, I have plenty of time but I just want to make sure I do the right way without crashing.

What am I doing wrong? I thought it might be muscle but I don't lift heavy, everything i do is body weight and to be honest I lift weights rarely.

If you guys could throw some suggestions, please do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do your meals consist of?
Fruit, mostly raspberries, strawberries, and coconut. Brown rice and chicken breast. Black beans and potato. If i don't have time to cook I usually go to Subway for a foot long but I split it into two lunched or lunch and dinner Roasted Turkey breast on wheat w/ swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and black pepper.

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
Drop your carbohydrate intake to as low as you can deal with it... Get some Ripped Fuel 5x and take one with every meal. This should all help out a bit. Also I am not sure if you drink any coffee but if not you should start. If possible drink it black BEFORE meals as its an appetite suppressant and stimulates your metabolism.

Also if it comes down to a few weeks and still a ways off on cutting the weight try something like water pills and lots of sauna time.

If you want to PM me with the specifics of your diet and a log of when/what you eat in a normal day I can help you out a bit more if you would like.

·
HeadlessNorseman?
131 Posts
make sure you are getting fat and fiber in your diet. These are often overlooked by almost everyone. Dont just add fat in either, replace something with it. Some good sources are almond butter, soy milk and other soy stuff, olives and olive oil, some cheeses, unsalted mixed nuts, and most beans/lentils. These foods have little saturated fats and lots of good fats. Also try to eat at least 2-3g of fiber for every 100 calories you consume during the day. Fiber makes you feel full and it helps keep your colon clean. Fiber can be found in most fruits, veggies, and "brown" carb products

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
make sure you are getting fat and fiber in your diet. These are often overlooked by almost everyone. Dont just add fat in either, replace something with it. Some good sources are almond butter, soy milk and other soy stuff, olives and olive oil, some cheeses, unsalted mixed nuts, and most beans/lentils. These foods have little saturated fats and lots of good fats. Also try to eat at least 2-3g of fiber for every 100 calories you consume during the day. Fiber makes you feel full and it helps keep your colon clean. Fiber can be found in most fruits, veggies, and "brown" carb products
Flax Seeds are your best friend for fiber and some really good nutrients! Really easy to add to protein shakes and other things like oatmeal or even other dishes.

Flax Seeds are extremely high in fiber, taste good and are just plain awesome!

·
HeadlessNorseman?
131 Posts
Flax Seeds are your best friend for fiber and some really good nutrients! Really easy to add to protein shakes and other things like oatmeal or even other dishes.

Flax Seeds are extremely high in fiber, taste good and are just plain awesome!
yes i have a 5lb bag of ground flax seeds in my fridge and i put them on everything. I never really looked at the fiber content but i get plenty of fiber through other stuff too

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you need to lose weight, choose a well balanced diet food such as Weight Watchers, rather than a fad diet.Use low-fat milk-dairy products in eating. Eat a diet food with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.Mostly eat fruits and vegetables that are currently available in-season.You can do Daily physical activity that achieves fitness and balances energy expenditure with calorie intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts