Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried looking for it but i find 2-3 different articles and i found alot of different statements about the subject on here.

here it goes... and im not trying to start up an argument about w/e you guys are going to arguy about. I only want the subject to be about the question im going to ask.

Its an easy question btw lmao... sorry for the build up.

(You):bored03: (HypeGuys):cool04: (HypeGuys):cool04:(You) :happy04: (You):drink02: (You):drink01: (You):thumb04:(You) :thumb04: (You):smoke01: (Me):bored01: (Me):bored01: (You):serious01: (You):serious01: (You):sad01: (You):sad02: (You):dunno: (You):boo01: (You):angry01: (You):confused04: (Me):pray02: (You):fight03: (You):fight02: (You):sarcastic07: (Me):sarcastic05: (You):bye01: (You):angry07:

Hope you guys enjoyed my animated reaction scenario.

Was Anderson Silva's rib bruised,broken,fractured or NOT injured before his fight with Chael. If he was injured how long before the fight did this happen(Im asking because i want to know how long he had to rest). Were Anderson Silvas Ribs different from when he walked into the octagon to when he walked out of the octagon. For Example if he walked in with bruised ribs or pulled some type of muscle by the ribs, did he walk out with broken ribs or dislocated ribs. Quick version, i want to know what damage Chael Sonnen put on Anderson Silva while they were inside the octagon.

From the info i gathered, im thinking Anderson Silva had bruised bones about a week before the fight. Ed soares ended up telling Anderson Silva to just stay home and rest. It probably did not heal that great after 5-7 days of rest. Thats if he actually did have 5-7 days of rest. After the fight i gather that he walked out with a fractured rib?? Im guessing it happened in the first round because thats when Chael put on one hell of an ass kicking performance, also Silva pointed at his rib walking to his corner. Might i add that i think each round was one hell of an ass kicking performance.

Sorry for posting this question this late but i just now realized that i havent seen the facts on this. I look around and i hear a number of things about his ribs before and after.

Thanks. Il pos rep anyone thats polite and doesn't start the same argument we have in like 5 other threads lol :)

I dont mind hearing Opinions as-long as their not fan boy opinions. I would rather receive facts though. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I'm thinking it happened about a week or so before the fight - and made a lot worse in the first round by Chael.

I know its easy to use it as an excuse but i really do think it was affecting how Silva was fighting.
People always talk about Silva's head movement but if you look at it, he uses his whole upper body in his movement more than a lot of others do. I think that rib injury limited his stand up - I think he expected to be on the ground a fair amount.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking it happened about a week or so before the fight - and made a lot worse in the first round by Chael.

I know its easy to use it as an excuse but i really do think it was affecting how Silva was fighting.
People always talk about Silva's head movement but if you look at it, he uses his whole upper body in his movement more than a lot of others do. I think that rib injury limited his stand up - I think he expected to be on the ground a fair amount.
I guess... i mean to be honest i dont think anything would have changed except MAYBE Sonnen wouldnt have dropped Silva in the first round. I still would expect Silva to get put on his ass and kept down there.

Also... damn the animation did not come out like i hoped it would. Im going to try and fix it buy i noticed Animations dont always show up if their next to each other. :confused:

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Funny how the op don´t want fanboys to anwser this (ridiculous) thread, but he gives away his opinion for free even though he´s a huge nuthugger.

Honestly, from my pov, how much of an nuthugger you have to be for only recognizing Silva´s injury almost 2 weeks after the fight and start taking that into consideration?

:thumbsdown:

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny how the op don´t want fanboys to anwser this (ridiculous) thread, but he gives away his opinion for free even though he´s a huge nuthugger.

Honestly, from my pov, how much of an nuthugger you have to be for only recognizing Silva´s injury almost 2 weeks after the fight and start taking that into consideration?

:thumbsdown:
Lol.. please leave this thread man. Alot of people think your not all there as is and i know your going to start a delusional argument with someone for no reason. Your the biggest nut hugger on this thread. Your the people i wanted to avoid in this thread. I dont mind if someone shares a simple opinion on the fight but your literally a delusional psycho when it comes to chael-silva. And who said i only recognize it now?? Iv always recognized that he came in with some kind of injury but instead of me just speculating on it (Even though i do think my assessment was correct) i decided that i want to be 100% on it.

Now that we have that out of the way. Please make your way out.... You leave a flame war behind in every thread. :bye01: please.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Lol.. please leave this thread man. unfortunatelythink your not all there as is and i know your going to start a delusional argument with someone for no reason. Your the biggest nut hugger on this thread. Your the people i wanted to avoid in this thread. I dont mind if someone shares a simple opinion on the fight but your literally a delusional psycho when it comes to chael-silva. And who said i only recognize it now?? Iv always recognized that he came in with some kind of injury but instead of me just speculating on it (Even though i do think my assessment was correct) i decided that i want to be 100% on it.

Now that we have that out of the way. Please make your way out.... You leave a flame war behind in every thread. :bye01: please.
Wow. That show us all your true colours. :thumbsup:

You´re just a low life quality person, that doesn´t mind going deep down when someone has stronger arguments.

It´s funny you call me delusional, but you´re the one that only now decides that wants to be 100% on the story, meaning you´ve been on Chael nuts just for the sake of it, without even taking all things into consideration. That makes you the delusional nuthugger, unfortunately you´ll never be able to understand that just because you lack the brains for being able to realise how dumb you are.

p.s. - You and the other 2 Chael nuthuggers don´t make for "a lot of people".

p.s.2 - What´s the matter with all the smilies...are you 12 yo or something?

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Its not so confusing. A doctor wont pass you to fight with fractured/broke ribs, right?

Silva was passed to fight, which implies bruised ribs at worse before the fight.

After the fight, if I'm remembering right, he has broken ribs and cant fight for 6 months.

Now, what I don't know is, are bruised ribs more likely to break than un-bruised ribs?

Either way, Sonnen damaged Silvas ribs during the fight without a doubt. It may turn out they were not even the ribs that we're bruised to begin with! Who knows.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow. That show us all your true colours. :thumbsup:

You´re just a low life quality person, that doesn´t mind going deep down when someone has stronger arguments.

It´s funny you call me delusional, but you´re the one that only now decides that wants to be 100% on the story, meaning you´ve been on Chael nuts just for the sake of it, without even taking all things into consideration. That makes you the delusional nuthugger, unfortunately you´ll never be able to understand that just because you lack the brains for being able to realise how dumb you are.

p.s. - You and the other 2 Chael nuthuggers don´t make for "a lot of people".

p.s.2 - What´s the matter with all the smilies...are you 12 yo or something?
Ahhh here we go... Who would have guessed that AmdM was going to start a flame war... oh wait EVERYONE DID. One thing you can trust is for a troll nut hugger to behave like a troll nut hugger. Your the only ONE in the WORLD that thinks you have stronger arguments. Most people think your not all there... trust me iv talked to people about it. Your arguments are soo insane that its funny. Iv been 100% on the story the whole time and have kept up with anything people have said. I was afraid of asking about this because people where still flaming left and right over this fight. I also figured i was going to get some Bias ass answer that probably wasnt even true. I just made this for someone to verify what i think was the case and so far no one really has. Can you please leave now?? You say such ridiculous things that its beyond me to even keep answering to you. Honestly your the only member here that i honestly think might be somewhat insane. I truly dont even think your a troll... i actually think that you believe the stuff you say because i couldnt imagine someone making up those Delusional, 1 sided, crazy bias or just plain crazy arguments. Yet you do and i truly dont think your messing with people because i feel passion in your arguments BUT i do think that you might be somewhat :confused03: and a super nuthugger which would explain the things you say.

And no im not 12 years old, im 20. It was my attempt to simulate peoples emotions when they see the question, i imagine i probably failed in the simulation part. It was fun trying to make it, so i dont really mind that its not great. Maybe someone got a chuckle out of it.. maybe not.

Its not so confusing. A doctor wont pass you to fight with fractured/broke ribs, right?

Silva was passed to fight, which implies bruised ribs at worse before the fight.

After the fight, if I'm remembering right, he has broken ribs and cant fight for 6 months.

Now, what I don't know is, are bruised ribs more likely to break than un-bruised ribs?

Either way, Sonnen damaged Silvas ribs during the fight without a doubt. It may turn out they were not even the ribs that we're bruised to begin with! Who knows.
Im not an expert by any means so i could be 100% wrong but i always thought Bruised Ribs usually ment muscular damage around the ribs. Im not sure if this would make them easier to break but i would assume not. If someone knows more... or looks it up, feel free to explain.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
I agree that bruised ribs are unlikely to be easier to break. So that implies that Sonnen broke some other ribs? That would suck a bit I would imagine.

Just to reiterate, the medical suspensions after the fight stated 6 months out with broken ribs, right? I'm not remembering wrong?

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that bruised ribs are unlikely to be easier to break. So that implies that Sonnen broke some other ribs? That would suck a bit I would imagine.

Just to reiterate, the medical suspensions after the fight stated 6 months out with broken ribs, right? I'm not remembering wrong?
Wasnt it 6 months or until tests proof that they are healthy.??

Well yeah as far as i can tell right now Chael did break 1 of Silvas Ribs. Good for him... Still Silva is a bad fucker to come back and win a fight even after the dude breaks his ribs. Thats some Steven Seagal shit right there!! :)

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Ahhh here we go... Who would have guessed that AmdM was going to start a flame war... oh wait EVERYONE DID.
OMG. you trew some "delusional psycho" and more BS into the mix and im the one starting flame wars?

Time for you to take the pill...

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMG. you trew some "delusional psycho" and more BS into the mix and im the one starting flame wars?

Time for you to take the pill...
Thank you, you stopped. I appreciate it buddy. When i can rep you again il send you a positive one this time for complying with my request.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Thank you, you stopped. I appreciate it buddy. When i can rep you again il send you a positive one this time for complying with my request.
Have you take the pill already?
You need it real bad, you look like you´re in some severe mental disorder.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Have you take the pill already?
You need it real bad, you look like you´re in some severe mental disorder.
Here we go again with those crazy statements that hold no merit except in your own head. :confused05: :confused03:

And yeah i was right on the 6month thing unless he can clear it earlier. What exactly is neurological damage?? Is that the body in general?? Or are they looking for something in particular when they mention that?

MMAWEEKLY – Anderson Silva was suspended for 180 days unless he has a possible rib fracture x-rayed and cleared by a physician. He was also suspended for 45 days, with no contact for 30 days, and needs neurological clearance and a head CT.

– Chael Sonnen was suspended for 60 days, with no contact for 60 days, for a laceration.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
All this stuff wasn't around 18 months or so ago. I think it's the UFC making the calls here not the commissions, holding guys back after injuries. This is going to be very common place in the future I think.

A CT scan would probably look for an aneurysm and maybe look for abdominal organ damage...and come up negative.

UFC pays for all this, they paid for Rua to get world class orthopedic surgery to fix his knee-up after he probably got two outpaitent-type cut and dry surgeries to fix his ligaments.

I think both will be back close to 100%.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
^he was hurt and its a good thing the ufc, commision or whoever is making sure he stays out till it heals. he isnt getting younger though so it might take some time to heal completely. too bad for vitor, he gonna be out almost two years it looks like waiting for his next fight.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Do you honestly think every other fighter isn't even at least SLIGHTLY injured before entering a fight? If you're not injured you arent training hard enough. When I fight i always have at least something broken, sprained or bruised badly. When youre across from someone who wants to kill you what the hell does an injury matter?

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
I also think bruising is in the tissue surrounding the bone, not the bone itself...

Even though, breaking a bone that already has bruising around it must be much more painful than breaking a bone without any bruising... It must have affected Silva, I just don't know to which degree...

And on a side note, both of you, quit throwing petty arguments at eachother, it makes none of you look good :/

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.