Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it every time this guy's name gets mentioned on a UFC event, he is ALWAYS referred to as a "UFC veteran". Every time, it never fails, Rogan or Goldberg always refer to him as a UFC veteran...can someone explain to me why a guy with 2 fights in the UFC (UFC42, UFC44) is considered a UFC veteran?

Oh yeah and to add on...does anyone know what the deal is with the Freestyle Acadamy all being completely hairless?

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
I'm guessing they really don't know much about the guy, so they call him a "veteran". Strasser is the epitome of a boring fighter. He hasn't really beaten anyone of worth, and isn't entertaining. He's also pale.....really really pale....so pale.

Good call on the balding thing.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yea he is pale. He and Nick Thompson look identical, fight identical, and are both from the freestyle acadamy. Looks like everyone from that camp sucks ass. Solomon "Glass jaw" Hutcherson, Ron "groin kicker" Faircloth. Hahaahaha. Bunch of chumps!

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
This is such a random topic, WL2FU. I think I might make a Greg Stott topic, or a John Lober topic.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CTFlyingKnee said:
dudes been fighting since 1996......hes a veteran to MMA
That's what I am assuming they are implying...It just doesn't make sense to call him a "UFC veteran". Tra Telligman was also called a "UFC veteran" and for good cause...he fought in the UFC before Zuffa bought it out..so I can understand that. Seems like UFC completely avoids talking about other organizations and tries to fool fans into thinking the UFC is the only organization out there. A lot of times before the fights during the Bruce Buffer announcement, they only use their UFC record, other times they use their overall record. The producers and editors behind the scenes of each PPV and TUF show need to get their facts straight...it's embarrassing as a fan. I notice when I watch PRIDE events, they are not shy to point out UFC greats in the audience and as cornermen, and not afraid to talk about a fighter's history in another organization and actually use the name of the organization they are talking about. In the UFC, if they wanna talk about someone who fought in another organization like K-1 or PRIDE, they always just say "over in Japan". They never name-drop. Yea, it makes sense from a business standpoint, but it's a little over-the-top if you ask me. Seems like they are just being greedy and selfish. :dunno:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Maybe Damone can make a thread on how bad Frank Shamrock kicked John Lober's ass at UFC Brazil: Ultimate Brazil making him tap out due to strikes. Loved that Frank Shamrock fight :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
583 Posts
TheJame said:
Haha, call Hutcherson a chump to his face, man.

He'd put the DOG BITE on ya!

:laugh: :laugh:!

Or maybe he and Kendall would give you the DAGGER!

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
They need to put a bunch of old UFC shows on DVD. The old shows that didn't include Royce Gracie for that matter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts