Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Question about YouTube boxers

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
I watched the influencer boxing on the 14th for the first time as I like KSI, plus I was bored. But I enjoyed it! Maybe not as much as watching UFC but still enjoyed it. I don't understand why UFC and professional boxing fans have so much hate towards influencer boxing, there just doing their own thing. Could anyone enlighten me, why?

#3 ·
It's the fact that they get noticed way more than actual boxing events that push buttons. Plus I personally believe it’s because the real pros are fighting for something that matters. They want to come into a fight well-prepared and ready to win. It’s not like the influencer boxers that’ll just fight because why not. They’ve got millions in the bank from other business ventures so it’s like it doesn’t matter.

#5 ·
Professional boxers usually need a 20 and 0 record before they can hope to get a good payday.

Amassing a good record in boxing translates to years in the sport not being paid well, years of injuries, years of dishing out and taking beatings in the gym.

Influencers can skip the normal process and be paid well with a 0 - 0 record.

Without having to pay their dues.

Its like painting the exterior of your house with a tiny brush the size of a toothbrush.

Then looking across the street and seeing your neighbor paint their house with a sprayer using only a small fraction of the time and energy you expended to get the same result.

Of course, negative feelings might arise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.