Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed alot of support for Chael recently. I find it surprising because the guy has been a high level fighter for a long time but was never much of a fan favorite, especially on this forum. So the question i have for all of you Chael fans out there is, what makes you a fan of his, is it his fighting, is it his smacktalk, or is it the fact that you really just want to see Anderson Silva get his ass kicked?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have noticed alot of support for Chael recently. I find it surprising because the guy has been a high level fighter for a long time but was never much of a fan favorite, especially on this forum. So the question i have for all of you Chael fans out there is, what makes you a fan of his, is it his fighting, is it his smacktalk, or is it the fact that you really just want to see Anderson Silva get his ass kicked?
...Check out Yahoo sports about what Anderson said about Sonnen. He said "He is being very disrespectful". Sonnen really is acting like Toney, a complete fool. B.J. Penn puts it into perspective "If you talk a lot of smack you gotta back that shit up"...

·
Registered
422 Posts
i think alot of people want to see get his ass kicked!

its funny Andy says that, his last fight was very disrespectful to the fans and Maia.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
A lot of people on this board call him LnP but I disagree and actually like watching his ground and pound a lot. It's relentless and he just doesn't let people breathe.

And his smacktalk is often times golden.

I'm not an Anderson hater (I'm neutral) so that's not really the reason that I like Sonnen, but the Abu Dhabi antics plus Chael's over the top shit talking does make the notion of Chael backing it up that much more intriguing.

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
I think most people would think Sonnen's a douche except he's going after an even bigger douche. Chael may talk disrespectful, but Anderson has been acting disrespectful to the fans, his opponents, and the entire sport. What better way for him to learn his lesson than to get a taste of his own medicine?

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Well for me, it's his relentless style and the pace he sets, along with the heart he shows in all of his fights.

I think the reason why there has been a sudden surge of Sonnen support, is that with his last win over Marquardt - who is a reasonably big name, people have begun to take this guy seriously. And because of that he's now earnt a title shot - so the interest is there. Compound that with Anderson Silva's asshat antics against Maia, and also Sonnen's mouth - he has generated quite a lot of interest.

He really is a love-him-or-hate-him type of guy, and I personally love him. He won me over after he beat Paulo Filho, not to mention his one-liners are gold :happy01:

I have to admit, although I really admire watching Anderson Silva fight (when he chooses to) and also really like his relaxed persona outside the cage, I do want to see Chael win this fight.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
See the problem is I don't like Sonnen I don;t understand his fans also. Chael Sonnen is fake and he is trying to sell a fight he can;t win. Sonnen has the tools to be anderson silva but on paper he should get smashed by Anderson. However mma is unpredictable and anything can happen I think all sonnen's fans are setting there self up for a disappointment. Let be real of of you like him cause he is talking shit and claiming to beat a guy who most of u lost respect for. What is going to happen when all this hype etc meets reality and Sonnen goes down like everybody else that has step foot against Anderson Silva. Would you guys still be a fan of Chael Sonnen?

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
See the problem is I don't like Sonnen I don;t understand his fans also. Chael Sonnen is fake and he is trying to sell a fight he can;t win. Sonnen has the tools to be anderson silva but on paper he should get smashed by Anderson. However mma is unpredictable and anything can happen I think all sonnen's fans are setting there self up for a disappointment. Let be real of of you like him cause he is talking shit and claiming to beat a guy who most of u lost respect for. What is going to happen when all this hype etc meets reality and Sonnen goes down like everybody else that has step foot against Anderson Silva. Would you guys still be a fan of Chael Sonnen?
Yes =)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I like Chael Sonnen, purely because his ridiculous trash talk and disrespectful antics may well bring out the best in Anderson.

And really that is all anyone wants to see. Anderson Silva, the most talented fighter on the planet, actually looking like he is even remotely interested.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
hows he a fake? he has said that he talks shit to build the fight up and that some stuff he says is preconceived,created on the spot or stolen. he is one of the few people who truthfully gives his opinion and is honest about himself.Example, In that fan Q&A he said "if chael doesn't get this fight to the ground, he gets his ass kicked" show me any other fighter where they have said they could get their ass kicked.

and LMAO at talking bad about him for hyping a fight he most likely will lose, it doesn't matter if he loses. HE IS HYPING THE PAY PER VIEW and if it does well he will get a nice pay day because of it, as he is the only one trying to sell the fight.

and no i won't stop being a fan of chael if he loses.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Chael isn't even disrespectful.. he is just a funny guy who could be a great stand up comedian.

Him vs. Joe Rogan in a verbal battle and I call you the winner!

I don't really like him, but I like his fighting style!

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
It is all about Andy and the people saying it is about the Maia fight are full of shit this has been happening since he won the belt. Every Silva fight there is a large group of haters desperately clinging to straws.

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
I don't hate Silva but I do want to see him get his ass kicked. I doubt Sonnen has much of a chance but stranger things have happened.

·
Banned
75 Posts
I think most people would think Sonnen's a douche except he's going after an even bigger douche. Chael may talk disrespectful, but Anderson has been acting disrespectful to the fans, his opponents, and the entire sport. What better way for him to learn his lesson than to get a taste of his own medicine?
My thoughts exactly. I cannot stand Blackhosue, and if the one to make their golden boy fall is Sonnen, I'll support him to the end. However, if Sonnen gets the belt I'm taking down this avatar. I personally don't like the guy and find him to be not only a conservative, but just generally tasteless.
I will be rooting for him hard against Anderson though.

. B.J. Penn puts it into perspective "If you talk a lot of smack you gotta back that shit up"...
That worked REALLY well against GSP, haha.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I dont understand why people are so upset with the way that Anderson acted in his last fight. Honestly I was mad at first because he didnt put on the show I wanted to see. Which would of been him devastating Maia in the first or second round for a KO win. Yet, when Maia came at him, Silva attacked Maia. I feel Maia is to blame AS WELL for doing the butt scoot and not engaging.

When it comes down to it, at the end of the fight Maia was Fed up. Everyone is mad Silva didn't punish the guy, I feel he is the champ if he feels he can win with the amount of effort he put fourth then so be it. Everytime he fights a good ground guy he gets reamed for the fight sucking. I think he is just tired of not having a good match up.

In conclusion, this Chael Sonnen fight will not be like his last. I have liked Chael for a while now and I know this fight will end in KO no question.

This is just my opinion, like an asshole we all have our own.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Lol Chael's made himself quite popular over the past few months, now this fight with Anderson will show whether he will become a fan favorite or simply a joke depending on if he backs his claim. I doubted him against Nate so, my decision regarding him is suspended till after the fight.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
He might have a bit of the cuntitis but I generally think hes a funny guy with some serious skills.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Chael isn't even disrespectful.. he is just a funny guy who could be a great stand up comedian.

Him vs. Joe Rogan in a verbal battle and I call you the winner!

I don't really like him, but I like his fighting style!
I can't believe people think this guy is witty. His trash talk is TERRIBLE. He sounds like a 16 year old girl. A guy liek Hardy or Daley (no I'm not British) can trash talk. They say some funny things. Only times I laugh at what Chael says is when he goes WAY over the top and says ridiculous things that make no sense...I just laugh at him.

I see nothing he says as witty. Anyone who does must be a blockhead like he is.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
I can't believe people think this guy is witty. His trash talk is TERRIBLE. He sounds like a 16 year old girl. A guy liek Hardy or Daley (no I'm not British) can trash talk. They say some funny things. Only times I laugh at what Chael says is when he goes WAY over the top and says ridiculous things that make no sense...I just laugh at him.

I see nothing he says as witty. Anyone who does must be a blockhead like he is.
Dude everybody has a different kind of humour. You can not generalize it.

I for one like his dry sense of humour you do not! Thats fine.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.