Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible while Kos was on his knees with his head down, felt a huge WHOOSH as something graze his head and he assumed the worst (freaked out)?

I imagine sometimes when you get hit, you don't even know it because shock takes away the pain, so maybe he thought he got clocked when it was just his being scared of possibly receiving a phantom punch/knee?

I don't fight so maybe he was just trying to :sarcastic12: a little bit. But I try and give them the benefit of the doubt, it can't be easy to fight in front of millions of people.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I think Joe said it best when he said (paraphrasing),"Josh was campaigning for a point deduction." I am going to go with that assessment.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Who knows, the video SEEMS to indicate that he wasn’t hit with that knee but it could have grazed him, he WAS cut and I don’t think the cut was there before the “phantom” knee.

What I THINK happened is that he saw the illegal knee coming, expected to get rocked by it and played it up for all it was worth, no Oscar for him I guess.

Either way it was an illegal knee, KOS didn’t do anything against the rules (even if he goes out of his way to act like a dick) Daly is not only as much of a sh*t talking punk as KOS but a cheap shot thug to boot.

I’m glad he got cut from the UFC.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I saw this shit live. No one in the bell center believed kos got hit by that knee and imo they should be a rules for disqualification. when the faking happen daily had a good position to hurt kos.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
Is it possible while Kos was on his knees with his head down, felt a huge WHOOSH as something graze his head and he assumed the worst (freaked out)?

I imagine sometimes when you get hit, you don't even know it because shock takes away the pain, so maybe he thought he got clocked when it was just his being scared of possibly receiving a phantom punch/knee?

I don't fight so maybe he was just trying to :sarcastic12: a little bit. But I try and give them the benefit of the doubt, it can't be easy to fight in front of millions of people.
I do compete and yeah, sometimes you're not 100% on where something comes from or what it was. Especially when you're getting up and looking down. You see as shadow, it might look like a knee, you feel something graze you, you assume it was the knee. It happens.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I saw this shit live. No one in the bell center believed kos got hit by that knee and imo they should be a rules for disqualification. when the faking happen daily had a good position to hurt kos.
The blood dripping from his forehead after the knee says otherwise.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
With the adrenalin he wasn't really sure how hard the knee hit him, but it was more of a panic move than anything by Kos because he didn't want to fight after he thought he got kneed illegally. You guys all act like you wouldn't freak out if an opponent tried to knee you in the head then the referee comes in. Yeah Kos is a douche, but what was he supposed to say? "now that I have regained my senses I realize the knee didn't connect, please referee, let the fight continue and don't bother deducting a point"

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
I can't believe people are making excuses for kos. The guy was totally faking it. He knew he didn't get hit hard and just wanted a dq. you could tell from the bad acting. If you get hit by a knee like that you go down quick and curl up in a ball not pop up in the air and act like a drama queen. Can't wait to see gsp kick his ass.

No excuses for daly he's no better but kos is just an ass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry but you're an idiot if you think Josh was being legit. The knee barely grazed the LEFT side of his head, and Josh was squinting with his RIGHT eye. Nice acting there Josh. That said, it was still an illegal move and Paul was lucky it didn't land, or even KO'd him.. because that would of surely resulted in a DQ for Paul.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I can't believe people are making excuses for kos. The guy was totally faking it. He knew he didn't get hit hard and just wanted a dq. you could tell from the bad acting. If you get hit by a knee like that you go down quick and curl up in a ball not pop up in the air and act like a drama queen. Can't wait to see gsp kick his ass.

No excuses for daly he's no better but kos is just an ass.
he got cut by that knee and he actually ate an exact same knee later on in that round too but didn't do anything

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
He was acting to try and get a point deduction. It was a complete ***** move which guaranteed I'll always hate him.

I think there should be a punishment for faking an illegal blow. It is cheating IMO. Simply put, it is the same thing as a guy putting his hand out to catch a punch, and his opponent grabbing his eye to indicate that he had been poked in the eye.

Personally, I wish the knee had landed completely flush and knocked Kos out solid for two reasons. (1) I wanted Kos to get Ko'd because... well... I don't like him and want to see him get worked. (2) I bet $5 on Kos :D I would have gotten a double wammy... Kos KO'd, and my $5 :D

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
he got cut by that knee and he actually ate an exact same knee later on in that round too but didn't do anything
I am not going to argue if it grazed him are not but it's clear it wasn't a big deal and he was exaggerating and he knew hat he was doing.

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
It looked like the knee grazed him and if it made contact then that's an illegal knee. As for Josh looking as if hurt... that happens alot on sports even high school and college wrestling. A kid gets slammed a bit and will lay there for the 2 min and get a dq. Next match he is fine. Is it ok?? No, but it's not as bad as people here make it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You can see Kos' hair move on the replay.

In my opinion it appears the worst Kos could have suffered was a haircut, but it is possible the knee could have grazed his forehead.

I think it is safe to say Kos embellished the severity. If you can turn to the ref and put your hands up in protest you weren't hit that hard.

That said Daley ripped that knee hard. Kos was clearly on both knees; if that lands it is a flagrant foul. Given his antics at the end of fight the rules didn't seem to be in the forefront of Daley's thoughts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone that doesn't believe Koscheck was acting is naive and doesn't know the kind of guy he really is. He's a really dirty fighter, he'll do anything he can to gain an advantage.

To those saying that Josh didn't know what happened in the heat of the moment, no, he did, Josh is extremely calculated. Like in the Anthony Johnson fight, that second eye poke was clearly intentional and after that, he knew that every time Josh pawed with his hand towards Johnson's face, he was flinching and afraid of getting poked. So Josh purposely keeps his hand there. Josh is a really smart guy in a devious way.

I mean, he even got Daley to take a swing at him. Notice how he totally expected it. That's because, and he said this himself, Josh was trash talking in Daley's ear for the entire last minute of the fight.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.