Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no you didn't, Rampage

http://www.5thround.com/40783/quint...-backed-out-of-ufc-114-with-bad-knee-injury/?

While Rashad Evans has gladly moved on with his life, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson still can’t seem to get the bitter taste of defeat out of his mouth … or Evans’ name for that matter.

B.A. Baracus’ most recent slights came in an interview with Fighters Only, where the controversial light heavyweight credited Evans’ coach, MMA guru Greg Jackson, for conjuring up another one of his effective, yet “boring,” strategies.

“I apologize for the fight. Not so much because I lost, but because of how it went down,” Rampage told FO. “I always like to put on exciting fights for the fans, but Rashad came out to use that ‘Greg Jackson’ plan; be boring and squeak out a victory. So that bothers me more than the loss.”

Evans posted a unanimous decision victory over Jackson at UFC 114 last month. The obvious retort to Rampage’s statement would be to question why he didn’t take the fight to the former Michigan State All-American wrestler, instead of allowing Rashad to be the aggressor.

“The reason why is because I thought he wanted me to rush in so he could take me down again. That’s the worst time to rush in and take somebody out,” Rampage said in his own defense. “So the whole time I was walking on eggshells and trying to keep him from taking me down because Rashad is an awesome wrestler and I was having trouble getting up off the floor.

“So I figured if I rushed in he was gonna take me down.”

While Evans’ gameplan wasn’t much of a surprise to anyone, Rampage was taken back by his bitter rival’s decision to pound on his knee. It was a top secret injury that almost forced Rampage out of the highly anticipated showdown.

“I remember one other thing he was doing – he was punching me in my knee! It was weird because I had suffered a real bad knee injury in camp but we kept it secret,” Rampage stated. “We didn’t say anything about it and we didn’t even tell the UFC. I told my doctor and that was it. He helped me out, but I was going to back out of the fight. The only reason I didn’t back out was the fight had been so hyped and I didn’t want to disappoint the fans.

“Why was he punching me in the knee though? That’s kind of weird – did he find out about the injury? I don’t know. It’s weird.”

IMMEDIATELY upon reading Fighters Only’s piece, Evans fired back in true “Sugar” fashion.

“How about you blame yourself [Rampage] for being too weak to improve your position. How about you keep making excuses, loser. =),” Evans Tweeted on Wednesday. “Get stronger. I trained with high school kids stronger than you! Let it go! Work your way back up to me & we can do it again.”
AARRRRrrgggGGGggHHHHHH!!!!

I hate this shit. I hate Primetime shows. I hate bullshit hype.

From now on, I declare that this:

"I've never been this fit and strong my whole life"

actually means this:

"my knee/hand/arm/neck/back was fecked up though"

I also put forward the notion that anybody from this point who states a fighter looks in good shape because of a primetime/countdown/youtube clip, shall be ignored till the end of time or that particular thread... whichever happens first.

·
Registered
453 Posts
He probably did have some kind of injury - its rare that a fighter can come in at 100%. Rashad probably had some niggles going on aswell.

The thing is though, you only ever hear the looser go on about them. You didnt loose the fight because of an injury Rampage, you lost because you had no answer to what Rashad came in with (other than pray one of the those hail-mary hooks landed) even though it should have been glaringly obvious that was what he was going to do.

Stop whining 'Page, and try evolving as a fighter. You obviously have the skills to do so if you have the desire.

And dont think i am hating on Rampage, because when he lost to Rashad it damn near broke my heart lol

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
He shouldn't have brought the knee thing up, but I don't think he was using it as an excuse for losing, more just saying how it was strange Rashad targeted his knee of all places when he had a knee injury. Still, best not to bring it up.

The rest of it is pretty much true. Rashad won in the most unconvincing way someone can win a fight. By control and no actual progression. At no point in the fight was Rampage in any danger, nor did he take any damage. It works and takes skill to implement, but it's lackluster and more about control than anything. When facing good fighters, Rashad can't do much more than clinch against the fence and get a few takedowns, with some pitter patter thrown in to look active. But from there there's no significant damage, no transitions, no sub attempts or anything. It's all about control which is as far from combat as you can get while it still being an MMA fight according to the rules.

If Rashad continues to win in this way and becomes the champion, he'll be the most boring champion in UFC history. The only excitment in his fights are when he gets rocked.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
He probably did have some kind of injury - its rare that a fighter can come in at 100%. Rashad probably had some niggles going on aswell.

Whoa man. Whoa. That kind of language was OK back in the 1950s and stuff. But this is the 21st century and it is a family friendly forum. Lets keep the racial slurs at a minimum.

Just joking :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rampage is closing in on Tito for the biggest whiner in the sport, the guy still won't except Forrest beat him either. Atleast Tito has the balls to say it to the guys face after the fight, Rampage acts all humble until the the guy who just beat him up leaves and then the excuses come out. I really hope they give him Anderson or something I'd love to hear what he says after getting KO'd in the first round.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
http://www.5thround.com/40783/quint...-backed-out-of-ufc-114-with-bad-knee-injury/?

AARRRRrrgggGGGggHHHHHH!!!!

I hate this shit. I hate Primetime shows. I hate bullshit hype.

From now on, I declare that this:

"I've never been this fit and strong my whole life"

actually means this:

"my knee/hand/arm/neck/back was fecked up though"

I also put forward the notion that anybody from this point who states a fighter looks in good shape because of a primetime/countdown/youtube clip, shall be ignored till the end of time or that particular thread... whichever happens first.

too bad if this happened the forum would die overnight.

this is nothing new rampage hates to lose. its not like hes saying anything about the greg jackson plan that hasn't been said a million times over already. it didn't sound like he was using the knee as an excuse but he probably should focus more on improving and give shad his respect for hugging out the win.

^is it just me or does everytime a rampage thread is opened, forrest is brought up again, lol. well im almost certain the haters will come running and jump all over this so this is the last time im posting in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
At least he said that Rashad's an awesome wrestler. Still think it's shitty that people are blaming Greg Jackson of all people for their losing streaks. First Alves, then the forum and now Rampage. News flash: Greg Jackson isn't the one slamming your asses down and completely tooling you, it's his well trained fighters. Do something about it instead of crying. It ain't Rashad's thought that his opponent's can't do shit to counter his grappling.

Besides, Evan's landed some hard looking gnp in the Rampage fight towards the end and rocked him pretty well early, despite the blind people saying otherwise.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
At least he said that Rashad's an awesome wrestler. Still think it's shitty that people are blaming Greg Jackson of all people for their losing streaks. First Alves, then the forum and now Rampage. News flash: Greg Jackson isn't the one slamming your asses down and completely tooling you, it's his well trained fighters. Do something about it instead of crying. It ain't Rashad's thought that his opponent's can't do shit to counter his grappling.

Besides, Evan's landed some hard looking gnp in the Rampage fight towards the end and rocked him pretty well early, despite the blind people saying otherwise.
1 punch at the start and 10 seconds of GnP, how convincing :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
What's wrong with what he said? I agree 100% with the fact that Rashad used the boring Greg Jackson strategy. It is what it is.

If anything I found what Rashad said in reply more "oh no he didn't".

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

Say's I have to spread my rep around, go figure.

Some people need to realize that fighters don't just have a stat on the back of their Tops card that says "wrestling - 10" that magically gives them a take down advantage on their opponents. They get it by training their ass off. And they get the take downs by exposing themselves to knees, strikes and subs on the way in. If their opponents are unable to keep it standing, or have no counter or cannot train hard enough to keep up, that's nobody's fault but their own.

In other words... :sarcastic01:

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I apologize for the fight not so much because I lost but because of how it went down. I always like to put on exciting fights for the fans but Rashad came out to use that ‘Greg Jackson’ plan: be boring and squeak out a victory. So that bothers me more than the loss. I remember one other thing he was doing - he was punching me in my knee! It was weird because I had suffered a real bad knee injury in camp but we kept it secret, we didn’t say anything about it and we didn’t even tell the UFC. I told my doctor and that was it, he helped me out but I was going to back out of the fight. The only reason I didn’t back out was the fight had been so hyped and I didn’t want to disappoint the fans. Why was he punching me in the knee though? That’s kind of weird - did he find out about the injury? I don’t know. Its weird.
Props: http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/17/1522639/rampage-jackson-blames-secret-knee
The dude blames the movie first, now he is blaming Greg Jackson and a knee injury nobody knew anything about? :confused03: Rampage please do everyone a favor and get your life together, get some top tier training partners and quit making excuses!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sad. Sore loser.

He should have kept it at one excuse, be it an injury OR ringrust OR boring Team Jackson wrestling gameplan.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Whoa man. Whoa. That kind of language was OK back in the 1950s and stuff. But this is the 21st century and it is a family friendly forum. Lets keep the racial slurs at a minimum.

Just joking :)

LOL! I apologise, i have let myself down :thumb02:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts