Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Near the end of the post-fight conference last night, Rampage said something like, he regrets even doing this movie, all this stuff coming up with promoting the movie whatnot.

He also said something that if he lost the fight, he was threatened to get sued by Fox or something, I dont know the back story of what could possibly go down, and I am sure nothing will. But I will assume that it was because if Rampage lost, it might hurt some sales since he is a image of the UFC and his popularity might go down.

When he said that, I was like wtf:confused:..

Also, anyone got a clue as to what Dana was telling Rampage near the end? it was after he said all this stuff.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Near the end of the post-fight conference last night, Rampage said something like, he regrets even doing this movie, all this stuff coming up with promoting the movie whatnot.

He also said something that if he lost the fight, he was threatened to get sued by Fox or something, I dont know the back story of what could possibly go down, and I am sure nothing will. But I will assume that it was because if Rampage lost, it might hurt some sales since he is a image of the UFC and his popularity might go down.

When he said that, I was like wtf:confused:..

Also, anyone got a clue as to what Dana was telling Rampage near the end? it was after he said all this stuff.
How can you sue a guy for losing a fight?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rampage has faced two lawsuits I am aware of, the first a civil suit from the woman he did his hit and run on when he had his little Red Bull bipolar moment, which I think was later dismissed. The second a lawsuit from the UFC regarding the length of his contract, prompted by his bailing on the initial Evans fight to do that movie.

If there is a third lawsuit, it's the first I've heard of it.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did he trash the movie?? :confused:

Man i must be out of the loop cause iv watched every Rampage interview for this Rashad fight. Him dissing on the movie must have just slipt by me.
He wasnt dissing the movie, he just said that he regrets doing it now and that he will not be enjoying going around places and advertising the movie.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I think what he was saying was pertaining to if he had taken the initial fight and lost, could be wrong though.

I would like to know what Dana was saying to him after he mentioned all those things about the movie.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
20th Century Fox would have threatended litigation had he backed out of the film which understandably is a big summer blockbuster. This isn't Universal Soldier or the Scorpion King (Randy Couture...lolz). It's a motion picture with A-list actors with a major studio behind it.

He doesn't regret doing the movie it's just his feeling at the time for losing. As a first time actor he probably got paid in the quarter million range plus residuals if not more. That role is the most iconic out of everyone although I always thought Murdock and Hannibal were dope!

If anything Rampage has to blame himself for starting the chain reaction to losing to Forrest. But you know what that's what it took to get rid of Juanito that con-man and eventually avenge his loss to Wand. Guess everything worked out somewhat.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Perhaps I should have been clearer. My apologies. He wasn't taking jabs at the film itself, but I can't imagine comments like, 'Making the movie was a mistake' and 'I don't want to tour for the film' will go over well with the studio. Obviously, ring rust played a factor in Jackson's defeat, but he made that choice. He chose Hollywood at that point and time, and to semi-slam the decision now might not sit well with those suits who'd expect him to be enthusiastic about the film and his work. Personally, I loved his comments... makes me think he's leaning more towards getting his mind and body right in regards to fighting, rather than acting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.