Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, over a year ago I was in the media for my truck incident which was a very difficult time for me in my life. I had to deal with so much negativity being wrongfully accused of killing an unborn child and everybody jumped on the bandwagon and said I was on drugs, said I was crazy from losing the fight, and just bad mouthing me. But no one ever asked what was the real story behind why I did that. The truth of the matter is I saved a life that day. No one ever asked me that and I never tried to promote that or go deep into anything. I just wanted it to go away and I was very embarrassed about the whole thing. But the friend life that I saved that day was worth every bit of bad press and media I received. I would do it again and risk my life for any of my friends. All of my friends that know me, that really takes time out to get to know me.. knows that the words I'm saying now is all true. The media is quick to paint a bad picture about people, not caring what it would do that persons personal or mental state... only caring about profits or some hot scoop. My friend was about to commit suicide that day and he is one of the few friends that I have that don't see me as a meal ticket. Never asked me for one UFC ticket. Never asked me for one autograph for his friends. Always helped me train for my fights for free. Always quick to help me just cause we're friends, not for any personal gain in the future. Never once asked to borrow any money. For a person like me, it's hard to know who your real friends are. So if this friend was in any danger, yes... I would put my life on the line to make sure I don't lose that friendship.

Now I got my life back together from all that doing positive things, trying to be the best role model I can be. Instead of the media congradulating me from this obstical, it chooses to paint a picture of me as a gay basher. Let me teach you a little something about me cause I know y'all don't really know me. I am a black man from Memphis Tennessee who grew up in the south where I faced discrimination my whole life. I know very well how it feels for someone to judge you for something you have no control over so having gone through that I know how it feels. I took a vow that I didn't even have to say that I would never discriminate against anybody for anything other that how they treat me or others around them. So not only DO I NOT HATE gay people, I actually accept them for who and what they are. They always seem happy and most of them I met are very kind and nice individuals. Yes, and like most straight guys I joke around with the whole gay thing and I see it as comedy, not saying that's right or wrong but I don't do it out of hate. I don't hate fat girls but I make fun of them too. When I did that interview I didn't even know I was being interviewed. I was on the set of shooting the movie the A Team and my friend that worked on the set brought the interviewer to my trailer. As he did so, he made fun of me for a poster that was made of me promoting a UFC event at my homegirls bar in Vancouver. The poster was a picture of me with a rainbow flag on the poster somewhere. This girl has been a friend of mine for 7 years and never used me as a meal ticket and if I would die for one friend it was nothing for me to help a friend promote business. So I offered to help promote her bar not knowing that the poster would make its way back to the set and I would be made fun of for going to a gay bar. But I have to say that I visited her bar several times before this event. Not only did I enjoy myself but I was relieved that the guys at this bar did not hound me once. No one offered to buy me a drink. Not once did anybody try to take pictures with me with their arms all around me or do the what I call the 'prom date picture'.. taking a picture while holding your lower back.. which is my pet peeve by the way. Honestly I mean this in the best way, me being a sports figure I attract a lot of male attention wherever I go and MOST straight fans act GAYER than any guys that was at this gay bar that I visited my homegirl at. When I'm in the club guys always offer to buy me drinks, do the prom date picture, stare at me, try to get my attention, tries to dance with me.. even if I'm dancing with a hot chick already. Even though I love ALL MY FANS, this can be overwhelming sometimes, especially when I'm trying to unwind and have fun which in my line of work you don't get much time to do. This being said, when I did this interview the interviewer witnessed my friend giving me shit and calling me gay. I was so embarrassed and didn't want my ego tainted because I'm a big tough fighter. So yes, I got quite defensive and I'm known to be the best shit talker in my business and a fighter in all aspects in life. So I made fun of him back, calling him gay. Only reason why I got a bad report from it was because this guy who was making fun of me and has been my friend on set for about four months (time spent working on the movie) and was gay for real and the reporter being the type of guy he is chose to make THAT his story not knowing that the guy and I were only shit talking like we did everyday. OR DID HE KNOW WE WERE SHIT TALKING OR NOT AND JUST WANTED A HOT SCOOP? That's not my concern now, my only concern is that I don't want people thinking of me in a way I'm not. I am known for being honest and a trustworthy guy and a person that tells it like it is. This quality sometimes gets me in trouble, especially when my kids know there is no santa clause and there's no tooth fairy and the easter bunny is a distraction from the truth, and that pro wrestling is just entertainment. So everybody get used to me cause I'm not going to change one ounce, one bit for NO ONE. I am God's street soldier. And God is the only person that I care about impressing or judging me.

EVERYBODY LIGHTEN THE **** UP! LET'S HAVE FUN! THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO RIGHT NOW! THERE'S TOO MUCH NEGATIVITY IN THIS WORLD, SO LET'S JUST FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE THINGS AND I GUARANTEE IF WE DO THAT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!
www.rampagejackson.com

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I wonder what made Rampage feel the need to write that piece, it seems like now, more then ever, he feels the need to justify his actions. Personally I think he should just concentrate on his fighting and not worry on what other people think of him outside the cage.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder what made Rampage feel the need to write that piece, it seems like now, more then ever, he feels the need to justify his actions. Personally I think he should just concentrate on his fighting and not worry on what other people think of him outside the cage.
A video of him leaked talking about acting is gay, thats probably why

·
Great Googly Moogly!
1,407 Posts
Rampage is one of those people who stores up a lot of frustration and then unleashes it all at once. Dana mentioned after 114 that it seems like Rampage's mood changes on a daily basis and I think that's because you may just catch him when he's venting frustrations. He's a raw dude in terms of personality and professionalism but he's made a lot of progress in recent years.

Sometimes you need to look past all of his antics and see the man for what he is. You see flashes of his true self every once in a while and he usually comes off as a very level-headed person who just likes to have fun. This time around he felt the need to clear up his comments probably because he realized they could be taken out of context very easily. He's trying his best to be professional and clear it up.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I liked this blog. I will have to go to his page and see whats up. People say he need to worry only about fighting. Thats really hard. I think he has to vent like this and I hope he keeps it up. This is way better than being branded as a gay basher then having some PR rep type up a robotic "Im so sorry" letter. Rampage is one of the most straight up people out there.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Cool read. Nice to see Page open up a bit. Such a high profile fighter like him, pressure is unavoidable. After the long lay off and making a movie, it's understandable why things like this happen. Anybody can lose focus. It just happens. This slight dip will only make him comeback even stronger. He took the 3rd fight with Wanderlei seriously and we all saw how it paid off. QJ has to go back to the drawing board and understand his next opponent will not be an easy fight. Just about every fighter in the LHW top 10 is capable of beating Rampage. Whoever he fights next will show the true character of Quinton Jackson...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
...Cool read. Nice to see Page open up a bit. Such a high profile fighter like him, pressure is unavoidable. After the long lay off and making a movie, it's understandable why things like this happen. Anybody can lose focus. It just happens. This slight dip will only make him comeback even stronger. He took the 3rd fight with Wanderlei seriously and we all saw how it paid off. QJ has to go back to the drawing board and understand his next opponent will not be an easy fight. Just about every fighter in the LHW top 10 is capable of beating Rampage. Whoever he fights next will show the true character of Quinton Jackson...
Quinton shows his true character. The guy is a jackass, who is unable to cope with responsibility.

From above:

Jackson said:
I had to deal with so much negativity being wrongfully accused of killing an unborn child..
He wasn't "wrongfully accused." A woman who jumped out of the way of his reckless rampage suffered a miscarriage soon thereafter. Most States [if not all] do not see unborn children as a "life." Thus, there is often no legal remedy for which someone could pursue without physical injury to the Mother. Hence, the lawsuit was dropped.

Jackson committed a wrong upon that woman and her family. Unfortunately, it is a wrong with no legal remedy. And, as seen above, because he suffered no consequence, he absolves himself of any moral wrongdoing.

:sarcastic12: You stay classy, Jackson. :sarcastic12:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
He wasn't "wrongfully accused." A woman who jumped out of the way of his reckless rampage suffered a miscarriage soon thereafter. Most States [if not all] do not see unborn children as a "life." Thus, there is often no legal remedy for which someone could pursue without physical injury to the Mother. Hence, the lawsuit was dropped.

Jackson committed a wrong upon that woman and her family. Unfortunately, it is a wrong with no legal remedy. And, as seen above, because he suffered no consequence, he absolves himself of any moral wrongdoing.

:sarcastic12: You stay classy, Jackson. :sarcastic12:
Jackson was not charged in the miscarriage of Holli Griggs, a passenger in one of the vehicles Jackson collided with who subsequently had a miscarriage 16 weeks into her pregnancy.

"We reviewed all the medical records and spoke with the victim's physician, and the evidence showed that the loss of the fetus was not related to or a result of the crash caused by the defendant," said Orange County spokeswoman Farrah Emami.
http://mmafrenzy.com/4942/quinton-jackson-charged-with-two-felonies-four-misdemeanors/

Reactions: Icculus and suniis

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
EVERYBODY LIGHTEN THE **** UP! LET'S HAVE FUN! THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO RIGHT NOW! THERE'S TOO MUCH NEGATIVITY IN THIS WORLD, SO LET'S JUST FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE THINGS AND I GUARANTEE IF WE DO THAT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!
True words of wisdom. Pretty impressive coming from the worst coach in the history of the universe.:)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Interesting. Never saw that.

Still, I'm sure his actions didn't help the pregnancy.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jasvll again"
It just goes to show. You were hot on Rampage's case just then, claiming he caused a miscarriage based on unofficial reports that evidently, you haven't bothered to check were legit.

Rampage isn't perfect and he has his issues, that much is obvious, but I don't think he's a bad guy.

But screw all this I want to see him actually use his wrestling to throw people down and then pound on them already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.