Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When RAW heads to Miami on 6/7, the hosts will be "A-Team" cast members Bradley Cooper, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Sharlto Copley. Cooper has become one of cinema's most recognizable comedy talents, starring in such hits as "He's Just Not That Into You," "The Hangover" and "Valentine's Day." Copley's resume is fairly limited (the only other major film on his resume is "District 9"), while "Rampage" is one of UFC's most popular fighters. He will be fighting Rashad Evans on pay-per-view the week prior.
From www.lordsofpain.net

A friend just told me about this so I had to investigate... As much as I don't care about wrestling anymore I would have to say Rampage is the perfect fit to host that show... Dude has charisma :p

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I doubt he will be there as the MMA fighter though. He will probably be in character all time. Maybe McMahon doesn't even know who Rampage is because he's pretty rigid when it comes to what he thinks is competition. And that's pretty much everything that has PPVs.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Rampage has said he wanted to be a ProWrestler until he met the Undertaker who he had some less than kind things to say about. I mean his whole howling shtick with the chain is straight Junk Yard Dog.

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I miss the late 80's to late 90's stuff... Those were the days... Though I know wrestling aint what it used to be today I might just catch it, especially if Rampage beats Rashad, he'll be at his funniest then :)

·
Banned
820 Posts
I doubt Dana is going to actually let wim wrestle a match. Especially if he beats Rashad. The last thing he would need is for his number one contender to get hurt jumping of a turnbuckle.

So someone will prolly get in his face, and he will punch them. Nothing more.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I doubt Dana is going to actually let wim wrestle a match. Especially if he beats Rashad. The last thing he would need is for his number one contender to get hurt jumping of a turnbuckle.

So someone will prolly get in his face, and he will punch them. Nothing more.
Would love to see Rampage showing the WWE guys how REAL slams are done. :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Rampage has said he wanted to be a ProWrestler until he met the Undertaker who he had some less than kind things to say about. I mean his whole howling shtick with the chain is straight Junk Yard Dog.
A link would be great. I'm a bit interested in knowing what he said.

·
Registered
603 Posts
God, I miss good wrestling. And yes, for all you youngsters out there, wrestling used to be very entertaining.
I'm guessing you went the same route as me then bud, WWE into MMA, it used to be the mutts nuts when I was younger, Undertaker, Legion of Doom, Nasty Boys, Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, Jake "The Snake " Roberts, it was amazing, until I saw a Vale Tudo tape, and I was like wow they do that shit for real, where can I train etc and been hooked since,lol.

·
Legalize It
422 Posts
he is going to be a guest host on june 7th. He will be co-hosting with Bradley Cooper and Sharito Copley. The A-team comes out 5 days later, so its to promote the hell out of the movie. There is no way he will be allowed to do any actually wrestling, but it would be sweet to see him punch chris jericho in the face and then power bomb his ass.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Rampage has the greatest powerbomb in history, not taker, not sid, not batista, PAGE. having such a thing happen to a pro wrestler, amazing.

Vince has shown hes willing to do anything if he thinks he can make money off it, wrestlemania 24 starred a cross promotional match between Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. Paul "The Big Show" Wight. Sometime down the line he might actually have a cross promotional match with an MMA Fighter in it.

and yes, Pro Wrestling used to be amazing, its down now, but could come back when it becomes unpopular to market straight at kids again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.