Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Hey... That's pretty well done.

Honestly, I don't think its gonna be a standup war, I hope Rampage is ready to wrestle.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
After watching primetime, I'm concerned if he will even make weight. I see Rashad winning via being in better fighting shape and being a better grappler.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I think Rashad's going to stand with Rampage, and utilise his superior speed and head-movement and then hope Rampage gasses in the 2nd, which is when he'll utilise the wrestling and ground and pound. I don't see Rashad shooting early, he was basically gassed towards the end of the Thiago fight due to the relentless takedowns, so I don't think he'll make the same mistake against Rampage.

Pretty good Gif though; if the fight ends inside 15 minutes, then that's how I see it ending. I don't see Rashad finishing Rampage; unless Rampage is in even worse condition than is rumoured, and has effectively no cardio.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Why do people keep saying Rampage is in bad shape based on the primetime show when Rampage ran 5 miles and said he was in the best shape of his life? I dont get it...Rampage will be in good shape and KO Rashad

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why do people keep saying Rampage is in bad shape based on the primetime show when Rampage ran 5 miles and said he was in the best shape of his life? I dont get it...Rampage will be in good shape and KO Rashad
Who goes into a fight saying he's out of shape? That's like putting on a red cape in front of a bull. Although, I hear bulls don't really rush in at the capes because of the color... so I don't know. But you get my point, right? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
I think Rashad's going to stand with Rampage, and utilise his superior speed and head-movement and then hope Rampage gasses in the 2nd, which is when he'll utilise the wrestling and ground and pound. I don't see Rashad shooting early, he was basically gassed towards the end of the Thiago fight due to the relentless takedowns, so I don't think he'll make the same mistake against Rampage.

Pretty good Gif though; if the fight ends inside 15 minutes, then that's how I see it ending. I don't see Rashad finishing Rampage; unless Rampage is in even worse condition than is rumoured, and has effectively no cardio.
Rashad wasn't gassed he was rocked. Thiago is the one that gassed otherwise he probably wins that fight.

Because I believe what I see over what someone like Rampage says. Plus running 5 miles in of its self, isn't all that impressive. If I recall correcctly he never said how long it took him to run it. If he said it took him under an hour and actually believed him it might be impressive.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I'm not basing potential cardio issues on the Primetime show, more the fact he hasn't fought for a year or trained for a good 8-9 months, which could lead to ring-rust. Rampage is not a guy, like say Shane Carwin, that has been training hard for the year he's been laid off and keeping himself in great shape. He has admitted he hates training, so there's no chance he'd have stepped in the gym until it was time to get ready for Rashad. I may be wrong, but I do believe Rampage could suffer from ring rust.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Rashad wasn't gassed he was rocked. Thiago is the one that gassed otherwise he probably wins that fight.

Because I believe what I see over what someone like Rampage says. Plus running 5 miles in of its self, isn't all that impressive. If I recall correcctly he never said how long it took him to run it. If he said it took him under an hour and actually believed him it might be impressive.
he actually said he was running at a sub- 7 1/2 min pace so that puts him under an hour.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Rampage didn't look fat at all infact it looked like he put muscle on his shoulders back and arms. He is going to murder Rashad. He used to train once a week and beat people down and he has gone 5 rounds without gassing it isn't like he stopped exercising for 9 months he wouldn't have the muscle mass he has now if he did.

·
Registered
32 Posts
rashad will show up in shape with a stellar game plan. If he can make it out the 1st rnd. He wins easily. Page needs to get away from the wolfs lair. They have nothing to offer him. Page will make a good show early, but fade quick. IMO

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
They both look as good as I've ever seen them.

"I no try to jinx any ting ere but dis could be one of da best fights eva." *said in my very best Jamacian accent, which is still not very good*

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I just think Rampage, who has had tremendously bad gameplans in the past, is going to lose due to fighting a stupid fight. Though I'd like to see a war, what I actually think will happen is Rampage constantly one step behind Rashad. I think Rashad has more tools in his toolbox.

Who do I want to win? I really don't care as long as the fight is awesome.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
After watching primetime, I'm concerned if he will even make weight. I see Rashad winning via being in better fighting shape and being a better grappler.
He'll be fine. Here's a pic from a few days ago:

·
Registered
260 Posts

Running 5 miles in an hour is hardly impressive for a professional athlete.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is it me or does Rampage look a lot thicker in that pic than he usually does when he fights?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.