Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes this one?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it's a little premature, but I know I can't be the only one thinking about this. Let's see what you all think!

P.S. What made me think to do it was I saw a post on Facebook where Evans referred to Jackson as "Quittin'" and I thought it was clever.

Let the smack talk begin!

Edit: Sorry about the spelling error on Rampage's name. Spellcheck didn't seem to like the way I THOUGHT it was spelled (which turned out to be the correct way.) Should have double checked. :/

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I see this fight going 2 ways. A Rampage KO, or Rashad doing exactly what he did to Thiago Silva. Takedown, do little to nothing on the ground, Rampage gets back up then repeat.

I saw some recent pics of Rampage and he had a Chuck Liddell like gut. Hope he is taking care of himself......

I hope Rampage gets the KO, but I tend to think Rashad is gonna win a boring decision. Greg Jackson fighters tend to do a lot of this lately.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I see this fight going 2 ways. A Rampage KO, or Rashad doing exactly what he did to Thiago Silva. Takedown, do little to nothing on the ground, Rampage gets back up then repeat.

I saw some recent pics of Rampage and he had a Chuck Liddell like gut. Hope he is taking care of himself......

I hope Rampage gets the KO, but I tend to think Rashad is gonna win a boring decision. Greg Jackson fighters tend to do a lot of this lately.
Atleast he'll have good center gravity :p, I see Quinton pulling off the win via KO or TKO, not going to decision or submission.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
I don't think Rashad will want to mess with Rampage standing up after he feels his power so I see him trying for takedowns setting it up with feints and strikes. Basically scoring on points.

As long as Rampage is in fighting shape he should pull the win cuz he's going in there to knock him out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I get the feeling Rampage will win if it stays standing too long, but you never know what kind of training Rashad's been doing. He could pull something miraculous out of nowhere.

I think part of me just really wants to see Rashad win after last season of The Ultimate Fighter and the way 'Page kinda backed out before the fight.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I'm interested in seeing whether a motivated Rampage shows up: If he doesn't, I see Rashad really outpointing and outstriking him for an eventual TKO in the late 2nd/early 3rd. If he does: I still see Rashad taking it, but he better get this fight to the ground and finish it there.

Either way, my money's on Rashad.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Rashad takes this all the way. Rampage is too slow for him and Rashad is not someone who will come after him all the time where Rampage will land those bombing hooks. Granted I see Rampage can definately end this fight if he lands one of his "hail mary I am going to put everything I got into this and hope it connects" punches.

Rashad UD/TKO rd 3.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sugar has this, if nothing else, Rashad has the better wrestling and that is undisputed. the standup i would give to rashad as well. Sadly though Rashad has nothing on Page stuffing his car with cocks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sugar has this, if nothing else, Rashad has the better wrestling and that is undisputed. the standup i would give to rashad as well. Sadly though Rashad has nothing on Page stuffing his car with cocks.
Haha. I love how he didn't even care either. He just started naming them... Wonder if he ate them later...

·
Registered
437 Posts
My pick is Rampage because he's the better fighter. Rashad, in my mind, has always been a little overrated. If Rampage is in fighting shape, I don't think Rashad can deal with his power or get TD's at will, like he did with Thiago Silva. As well as that, Rampage has a better chin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally, I'm going with Rashad. They're both extremely good fighters, Rampage has the power advantage, but Rashad has the technical edge, if he can avoid Rampages attacks and play it smart, I'm sure Rashad will take him out. But it'll be a good fight. ^.^

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
P.S. What made me think to do it was I saw a post on Facebook where Evans referred to Jackson as "Quittin'" and I thought it was clever.
:/
I wonder how much he paid to have a comedian write that for him.

I hope Evans has been practicing his chicken dance. He wants to look good for the cameras. Page is going to wreck him, end of story.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I can see this going either way, but if it gets past the 1st round I have Rashard winning.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A motivated Rampage takes this via KO/TKO, IMO.

Though Rashad is much quicker and can possibly stick and move, avoiding the power shot of Rampage, I don't think he'll be successful on a lot of his takedown attempts, which will slow him down enough for 'Page to do his thing. I know Rashad has KO power, but good luck KO'ing Rampage. If Rashad is successful at sticking and moving, plus a couple of takedowns, I could see a UD/SD for Rashad.

That's all moot, however, if 'Page doesn't come in great shape, or he isn't motivated. If I had to bet I'd say he will be in shape and motivated, and that's bad news for Rashad.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.