Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Big Dawg
911 Posts
Are you serious? I'm not sure how his chin has been suspected going up against the likes of Donkey Kong, er, I mean Lesnar and Big Nog. Lesnar has VW Bugs for hands and is a super freak of nature in regards to size, strength and athleticism. Nog definitely caught Couture, however he was able to recover rather quickly. (To my surprise I might add) I don't think that Vera is anywhere close to being in the same ball park let alone the same league as KO power with those two. His only shot IMO is a healthy dose of leg kicks and hope that Randy doesn't neutralize them somehow.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Yep, I think he might get TKO'd in this fight.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
The only way I see Randy getting KO'd is if he implements his gameplan terribly. I don't see him trying to stand with Vera. Vera has very solid Muay Thai and is a dangerous striker that I don't think Randy would want to trade with. I see Randy using his wrestling to good effect, getting Vera down and G+Ping him to either a TKO or decision victory. It'd be nice to see Vera pull off a mega impressive surprise victory, but I don't see it happening tbh.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
not me.
i don't see randy getting ko'd.
but i can see vera trying to use his powerful leg kicks.
he has a lot of power in those leg kikcs and it's also the best way to keep randy at distance and away fromthe clinch.
once randy catches vera, it's going straight to the ground.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think Vera can KO Randy. If Randy uses his dirty boxing he leaves himself exposed for Muay Thai knee counters which is what Vera used to KO Mir with.
But Randy is a smart fighter and be aware of this I think. He dealt well with a similar style in Pedro Rizzo in their rematch.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Its possible. Vera doesn't have the most convincing power. Watch the fight with Krystoff. He hit hims, but Poland is able to get inside and pressure him on the cage. If he lets Randy do this, he's getting taken down eventually, what happens on the ground is anybody's guess. Vera is a big LHW with good BJJ.

·
Clowns will eat me
3,958 Posts
Yeah I think Nog was the beginning of the end for Randy.
:confused03: Noway

I don't see him getting KOed or TKOed by Vera. It will go straight to the ground where Randy wants it. I don't think his chin was "tested" at all lately. If he can recover that quickly like he has in the last couple fights then I think he is doing fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Yeah I think Nog was the beginning of the end for Randy.
That's been said so many times and so many different fighters it's not true.
His Nog loss was, imo one of the most impressive showings on way to a loss ever. Fight of the year so far, how he stuck in there and kept willing to trade, and not getting stopped is beyond me. The guys a warrior.

I like Vera, but don't see him matching Randy's pace and grappling skill. He'll probably get tagged a few times, but his chin will stand tough through it.

Couture TKO late r3.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Randy isn't going to trade with Vera, he's going to smother him. If Vera is going to get the KO he'll have to be damn quick about it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's definately possible Randy gets rocked in this fight. It happens regularly in his fights.

I'm still picking Randy via UD though.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The way I see it going down if Randy tries to keep it standing is he gets rocked at some point by a knee or kick and proceeds to use his wrestling to recover. If Randy sticks with his wrestling I see this being a UD for Randy, but if he insists on standing I can very well see a TKO or KO from Vera.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
I don't think his chin has changed much. He's been knocked out before, dropped before, but he's also taken some insane punishment more recently. Remember that kick to the head from Gonzaga?

As far as the Big Nog fight, that only showed how tough both men are. Yeah, Randy was dropped a couple of times, but was never close to being out.

To overuse a phrase that's already overused, I see Randy imposing his will on Vera, trapping him against the fence and unleashing a ground-and-pound assault, en route to either a solid decision or maybe a third-round sub due to strikes.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
Well, KO is pretty much the only way Vera can win. He isn't going to outpoint Randy because his takedown defense, no matter how good it is, isn't going to last. He definitely won't sub Randy.

This is Randy's fight to lose IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
I agree with TS, Randy's chin didnt look good in his last fight.

He got dropped twice by Big Nog, who isnt known for having heavy hands/KO power.

Vera could drop and TKO him. Im still picking Randy though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Also take into account that Vera is no Liddell or Machida in his TDD. Couture is going to do to Vera what GSP did to Alves without much problem. Also, Vera's BJJ isn't as good as Nog's so I am that on the ground, Vera's face will be put through the meat-grinder.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Also take into account that Vera is no Liddell or Machida in his TDD. Couture is going to do to Vera what GSP did to Alves without much problem. Also, Vera's BJJ isn't as good as Nog's so I am that on the ground, Vera's face will be put through the meat-grinder.
This is whats got me worried about my picks. I went Vera on this one but unless he can catch randy coming in I think Randy takes this fight where he wants it to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts