Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are not too many quality fighters outside Zuffa (UFC & WEC). Here is how I see Top 10 fighters ranking without Zuffa fighters.

Fighter - Score - Promo

1. Fedor Emelianenko - 731.4 - Strikeforce
2. Jake Shields - - - - - 717.9 - Strikeforce
3. Gilbert Melendez - - 645.3 - Strikeforce
4. Dan Henderson - - - 644.2 - Strikeforce
5. Shinya Aoki - - - - - - 637.7 - DREAM
6. Bibiano Fernandes - 637.0 - DREAM
7. Nick Diaz - - - - - - - 630.6 - Strikeforce
8. Tatsuya Kawajiri - - 616.0 - DREAM
9. Eddie Alvarez - - - - 610.0 - Bellator
10. Muhammed Lawal - 596.8 - Strikeforce
11. Josh Barnett - - - - 589.3 - DREAM
12. Gegard Mousasi - 582.9 - Strikeforce
13. Alistair Overeem - 574.1 - Strikeforce
14. Fabricio Werdum - 568.2 - Strikeforce
15. Hatsu Hioki - - - - - 565.0 - Sengoku
16. Jorge Santiago - - - 557.4 - Sengoku
17. Kiyoshi Tamura - - - 551.8 - DREAM
18. Renato Sobral - - - - 547.0 - Strikeforce
19. Paulo Filho - - - - - - 544.7 - BitettiCN
20. Michihiro Omigawa - 541.5 - Sengoku

Score is from ScorecardMMA.com .

What do you think.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Thank you for the serious grammatical error.........

How Aoki is ranked over Diaz is beyond me, Aoki is the product of an Asian market wanting an Asian star. We seen what happened when he came over here.

Top 5 imo
1.Fedor
2.Shields (soon to be Dq'd from this list)
3.Alvarez
4.Diaz/Henderson (would be a good fight)
5.Gilbert/Overeem

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are Dan Hornbuckle, Jacare Souza, and Hector Lombard?
Dan Hornbuckle and Ronaldo Jacare Souza are #33 and #34 on this list.
You can see the whole list on ScorecardMMA.com
They will be on the second page, or you can select Records per Page=100 - to see the whole list.

Lombard is lower with 424 points. His last KO was sick, but he needs to fight some better competition - too bad that Paulo Filho bailed out.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Huerta did choose to leave but Frank Shamrock was basically bribed to leave cause the UFC couldn't afford to pay him anymore at the time!
Frank actually retired saying there was no one left for him to fight. He had cleaned out the LHW (middleweight at the time) division and had finished every guy he fought.

Then he had a falling out with Dana White and the UFC owners and left for good. It's bullshit the way the UFC treats him now, like he never existed, he was one of the greatest ever and they never talk about him, will never put him in the HoF nothing. The man single handily changed the face of MMA, Frank was the first to cross-train, use different styles, become an actual MMA fighter. Without Frank we'd still be watching BJJ v Boxing, Karate vs Muay thai, pure style vs pure style.

Ortiz v Shamrock is consider one of the greatest fights ever and when the UFC did it's top 100 greatest fights none of Franks fights were even options. The single biggest reason I hate Dana White is because of the way he talks about Frank Shamrock, he will never give the guy his due credit because of some personal issue with him. Tito Ortiz would have never been champion had Frank not retired, the only reason Tito gets "love" from the UFC now is because, despite all his talking, he is UFC property and he knows it. Just watch the last episode of TUF, Tito almost cried and was so upset for being fired, but he didn't say anything but why. He didn't argue with Dana, he just took it.

^^^^
Sorry about that, it was a mix of my fanboy love for Frank Shamrock and my pure hatred for Dana and Tito rolled into one rant and really off topic....

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I think any deals they tried to make fell through!
That is true, different factors along with Frank caused the the rematch to never happen, but it's not like Frank went right from beating Tito to another organization. He tried to stick around, did some commentary and fight analyze before they had a falling out and Frank moved on.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Dan Henderson didn't get money that he wants and he left.
Same happened with Fabricio Werdum.
CroCop left UFC for a short period.
In the early years of UFC there were a lot of fighters leaving including some champions.
A lot of guys left for Pride, they were paying and fighters are mega stars over there.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Here's a better question: what fighter who wasn't on the downside of his career has left the UFC?
I'll repeat, Frank Shamrock..he was champion and no one had even touched the guy, he was miles ahead of everyone.

Also Dan Henderson had just beaten Rich Franklin, Palhares and had KO of the century on Bisping. He was on he way to another title shot when he left for SF. He lost to Jake Shields injured, a fight he almost finished in the first round and then got mounted in every other round and Shields was unable to finish him. Not to mention he's 39 years old, I love how short peoples memories are in the sport.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts