Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Earl Simmons better known as "DMX" isn't such a tough guy afterall. The rapper made headlines back in September when it leaked that he'd be making his debut as an MMA fighter against someone named Eric Martinez on a Dec. 12 Alabama card.

DMX, 38, started trash talking from the get-go saying he wasn't even going to train for the fight:

"We got a phone call, you know, asking if I wanted to participate in it. Yeah, why not? I figured I could do it. I'm just going to walk in as it is... It wouldn't be fair if I trained. I can fight for real though, so it is what it is."

The fight is now off because of ridiculous language DMX and his manager wanted in the fight contract. DMX needs to talk pro wrestling promoter Vince McMahon. According to documents acquired by TMZ:

X's manager, Nakia Walker, submitted an addendum to the rapper's original contract for the fight, stipulating: "Event Promoter and Management agree that [DMX] is scheduled to win the Boxing Challenge."

Huh? That doesn't sound like a real fight.

Walker also added a line which read, "All parties agree this event has been scheduled to occur only in fun and that the artist involved is not a professional boxer."

Part of the agreement was also not to release any of the details of the pre-determined results to the public. DMX now says he wants to fight regardless but the promoters, with a sour taste in their mouths, said no dice. Thunder Promotions has inserted Coolio to fight Martinez.

DMX is fresh out jail after serving a 90 day sentence in Arizona. He was locked up on charges of animal cruelty, theft and drug possession.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/DMX-fight-update-Rapper-is-out-because-he-wante?urn=mma,201463

I don't even know who this douchebag is but by all accounts he's just another poser/studio thug/prissed up tough guy wanta be.

BTW, I would loved to have seen this lil prick abuse an animal in front of me. It would have been the last time the lil peckerhead lifted his hand!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
This is shocking that an upstanding citizen like DMX would take part in something like this...Oh wait, he is a complete dirtbag and this isnt even in the least bit shocking. In fact, i would only have been shocked if this fight hadnt been fixed.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you dont know or care about him why are you wasting your time posting articles about him?
because its MMA related and I thought other fans of the sport would love to read about a coackroach like this trying to set a dive fight.

was that clear enough for you? how's your comprehension on the explanation?

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
What bothers me about this kind of stuff is that this might have been believable to most. There are no "tough" guys that are going to come off the street and be a badass in a fight. There just aren't any, fighting experience is nice but anyone with formal training is going to maul anyone without and its about that simple.

Don't get me wrong im not a tough guy and I don't even like to get hit with head gear, gloves and mouth piece in. But I'd fight anyone my size without formal training and I'd destroy them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
because its MMA related and I thought other fans of the sport would love to read about a coackroach like this trying to set a dive fight.

was that clear enough for you? how's your comprehension on the explanation?
No offense bro, I just think next time you should just post the article, no need to call anyone names or belittle them.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
What bothers me about this kind of stuff is that this might have been believable to most. There are no "tough" guys that are going to come off the street and be a badass in a fight. There just aren't any, fighting experience is nice but anyone with formal training is going to maul anyone without and its about that simple.

Don't get me wrong im not a tough guy and I don't even like to get hit with head gear, gloves and mouth piece in. But I'd fight anyone my size without formal training and I'd destroy them.
Now you got that "what if" train of thought going in my head.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
I don't even know who this douchebag is but by all accounts he's just another poser/studio thug/prissed up tough guy wanta be.

BTW, I would loved to have seen this lil prick abuse an animal in front of me. It would have been the last time the lil peckerhead lifted his hand!
LOL.. You dont know who dmx is? I must be getting old lol.. No hes not a studio gangsta. Ever heard of Ruff Riders? He's the founder... The man use to be a positive influence and roll model for the black young community since he could relate coming from the streets and foster care ... But apperantly lately hes been abusing drugs and done a complete 180 from what made him famous.. Its a shame and a waste of talent.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
LOL when was DMX ever a positive influence? :laugh: I started listening to him when "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot" album came out. I thought that was his first. And I remember that album pretty well. I was only like 11 or 12 maybe when it came out, but I remember some extremely violent and vulgar lyrics. I remember a song about breaking in and raping a girl. The Damien song was sort of slightly positive in a dark way...I guess...Maybe I'm wrong and I just missed the message in his songs but all I remember is negativity, violence, and vulgarity. Good shit.

As for the topic, I don't understand how retarded his manager must have been. Ok so either he was trying to "slip" that clause in or he really honestly thought that they would let DMX win.

If he tried to slip it in, how would he think it would go about happening? Does he think that if it's in the contract it will magically happen? He had to have known what a stupid idea this was. How can someone be so stupid?

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
LOL when was DMX ever a positive influence? :laugh: I started listening to him when "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot" album came out. I thought that was his first. And I remember that album pretty well. I was only like 11 or 12 maybe when it came out, but I remember some extremely violent and vulgar lyrics. I remember a song about breaking in and raping a girl. The Damien song was sort of slightly positive in a dark way...I guess...Maybe I'm wrong and I just missed the message in his songs but all I remember is negativity, violence, and vulgarity. Good shit.
LOL I love the Damien song.. But he was positive in a weird way jus like Tupac. While he spoke of real life sitos and experiences he didnt preach in public for people to take the same path ..Oh lol and he retired to become a preacher or some shit lol.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
LOL I love the Damien song.. But he was positive in a weird way jus like Tupac. While he spoke of real life sitos and experiences he didnt preach in public for people to take the same path ..
Oh yea I see what you mean. And yea the Damien song was and still is an awesome song. Damnit now I'm gonna have to look it up on Youtube...it's been so long since I heard it.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
99.9% of all rappers are complete piles of shit. 100% of all "gangsta" tough guys are pathetic piles of shit. Theres nothing tough about being from the streets. Theres nothing cool about being a pathetic criminal.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No offense bro, I just think next time you should just post the article, no need to call anyone names or belittle them.
so says you.

no, next time a lil cockroach shows up on the scene like this. Tries to set up a dive fight and has a history of abusing defenseless animals, I will call them out AGAIN.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts