Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, TUF 4 is over with the exception of the finale! If you had to Rate this season from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) how would you rate it!

I would give it a 5. This season has been pretty mediocre. I'm basing this on the fights, lack of air time for the trainers, no right guard extreme challenges, and a little too much of Matt Serra and Shonie Carter!

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
shonie was so funny i dont care what anyone sayes.

i think your right though. i would give it 6 mabye just cuz im nice. I do think it was better than TUF2

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Definitely 4/10, no real stand out fights, no real stand out characters except for Shonie, no real stand out things that happened, and basically the whole concept of the show was dumb.

Why did these guys get the oppertunity to get a title shot when most of these guys have lost to former TUF fighters? Just a lame concept for a lame show.

My order would go...

TUF1
TUF3
TUF2
TUF4

·
Registered
4 Posts
4 maybe 5.The fights were not great...and no matter who wins I don't think they have a chance in hell of stealing the belt.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Alex_DeLarge said:
Definitely 4/10, no real stand out fights, no real stand out characters except for Shonie, no real stand out things that happened, and basically the whole concept of the show was dumb.

Why did these guys get the oppertunity to get a title shot when most of these guys have lost to former TUF fighters? Just a lame concept for a lame show.

My order would go...

TUF1
TUF3
TUF2
TUF4

100% agree with you there man. That's how I'd rank all of the 4 Ultimate Fighter TV shows at the moment. This season has been crap these guys get one more chance to make a name for themselves after failing and they don't show that they want it. So I'm giving The Ultimate Fighter 4 a 4/10.

·
Sensei
2,359 Posts
6.5- Shonie was entertaining at times but also annoying at times as well.

Overall a decent show

·
Registered
139 Posts
2.5 it would be lower but i enjoyed watching mikey burnette go lawrence taylor style on the wall

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Some of the stuff they did inside of the house was funny....mikey and the wall, Shonie and the water bottles in the pool.....the constant making fun of McCarthy.......but not all the fights were that great.

I give it a 5 as well

My list is the same as mentioned above

TUF 1
TUF 3
TUF 2
TUF 4

·
Registered
794 Posts
id say a 6/10, breakeven, worth watching but only just. I liked the concept but it didnt work on TV.

80% of tuf4 fighters said the whole experience sucked - so maybe they should rethink how they do it for future.

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
4/10

Only good parts was when DeWees was a blood fountain in his fight vs Gideon Ray and the football wall :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I find it interesting that people continue to bash TUF 4, yet they watched it week in and week out. Face it, you people had to enjoy it somewhat to keep watching it.

I didn't think it was that bad. I would have liked to see some more GSP and Couture, but I guess they were trying something new with season. The entertainment factor was pretty good. We saw some fueds building (Serra/Laimon, Lutter/Sell, Carter/Everyone lol.) Any body who actually watched the past seasons of TUF will agree that people are being too harsh on the fights this season. Go back and watch the so called "golden" season, and the prelims all basically sucked(except for a few exceptions) and the semis were always decent (alot like this season). The Finale was solid. Lutter put on a clinic, Sell/Smith was incredible, Din Thomas was impressive, Kampman/Liates was entertaining, Jorge Rivera exposed Edwin DeWees and proved that he is solid and we had the "screw job" decision.

I give 8.5/10 for entertainment, 6.5/10 for the fights and 9/10 for the finale. You guys need to remember, this is TUF, not a PPV.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
brownpimp88 said:
I find it interesting that people continue to bash TUF 4, yet they watched it week in and week out. Face it, you people had to enjoy it somewhat to keep watching it.

I didn't think it was that bad. I would have liked to see some more GSP and Couture, but I guess they were trying something new with season. The entertainment factor was pretty good. We saw some fueds building (Serra/Laimon, Lutter/Sell, Carter/Everyone lol.) Any body who actually watched the past seasons of TUF will agree that people are being too harsh on the fights this season. Go back and watch the so called "golden" season, and the prelims all basically sucked(except for a few exceptions) and the semis were always decent (alot like this season). The Finale was solid. Lutter put on a clinic, Sell/Smith was incredible, Din Thomas was impressive, Kampman/Liates was entertaining, Jorge Rivera exposed Edwin DeWees and proved that he is solid and we had the "screw job" decision.

I give 8.5/10 for entertainment, 6.5/10 for the fights and 9/10 for the finale. You guys need to remember, this is TUF, not a PPV.
Some of us aren't psychics dingdong, most of the MMA fans that watch the show watch it for the FIGHTS, and the fights were very below average this season.

The fued between Laimon/Serra was lame that was shown about maybe 5 minutes total throughout the entire season, and all it resulted too was a *****fest from Matt Serra.

Lutter/Sell fued? Give me a break, Lutter called Sell a "*****" just joking around, and that lasted for about ohh..2 minutes.

Yes I agree, anytime Shonie was the prime target on the episode I was entertained, he was the only CHARACTER in the freaking show and the only one that really kept me interested what was going on through the house.

The finale was great, yes, but that wasn't the question, the question was (before the Finale even began) Rate the TUF4 SHOW...so you're just bringing up stuff that's not even on topic to support your claims.

I understand you like TUF4 and are trying to persuade us of how good of a show it was, just atleast try and make it convincing.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
7/10.

At least these guys had experience in there....and weren't jokes like some of the previous season's fighters.

My ranking of the seasons though...:

TUF 1 (Just because lots of quality guys came from this season...) > TUF 4

TUF 4 > Seasons 2 & 3

Reactions: STONEMAN
1 - 20 of 29 Posts