Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that pride is changing to much of it's format for this fight. I like pride more because of the difrecnes. They gi's the ring, soccor kicks, all this is what makes pride. I think they might be changing it to much to accomidate the ufc fans.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
There not doing it for the UFC fans, the Nevada State Athletic Commission says they can hold an event in Vegas as long as they follow certain rules. NSAC makes all the rules for fighting events like UFC and boxing. Pride has no choice but to follow those rules but don't be surprised if someone accidentally throws a soccer kick or stomps someone, while in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Kameleon said:
There not doing it for the UFC fans, the Nevada State Athletic Commission says they can hold an event in Vegas as long as they follow certain rules. NSAC makes all the rules for fighting events like UFC and boxing. Pride has no choice but to follow those rules but don't be surprised if someone accidentally throws a soccer kick or stomps someone, while in the heat of the moment.
No offense to anyone here but I always thought this was common knowledge.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adrnalnrsh said:
No offense to anyone here but I always thought this was common knowledge.
yeah but i'm still saying that this is to much change.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i agree, this is a watered down pride event..it wont effect the fedor fight or the vitor fight, but it def hurts shogun..doesnt matter cuz shogun is still gonna blast randleman

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Kevin Randleman is such a boring fighter so will his fight against Mauricio Rua, it will remind me of the boringness at his fight at UFC 19, 20, and 23 :thumbsdown:.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spearsoldier said:
Dont watch it. Simple.
wow your really sour aren't you. I'll watch it but i wish they could stick to the pride format. they can't and that sucks what can you do. I was just saying that i was really hoping for actual pride rules is all.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
i agree with moldy. pride rules would be nice. and wouldn't u think that some of the fighters would be at a disadvantage with not haveing equal experience with using elbows. im sure they're practicing hard now but some of these guys have fought using elbows their whole lives.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Adrnalnrsh said:
I guess you mean its not worth them giving up their rules to fight in LV?
I'm saying i dont have a choice. I dont want to miss these fight's. It's like saying you wouldn't watch chuck vs wand if it was in a cage cause you hate the cage. You don't have a choice but you watch cause you don't own pride or ufc or nevada athletics commision and you don't make the rules

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.