Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets put the fact he got killed tonight and just count the win. Who is left for him at 185? I know vitor is the likely answer but y would u just put a random dude who has done nothing at 185 in a title match.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Sonnen II?

After showing he can be rocked it really leads to a thought about Vitor or maybe even Leben getting a shot at him. I would even say Henderson II after that fight, but he isn't with the UFC anymore.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Okami vs Silva will look a lot like Okami vs Franklin. Silva dances around and jabs his way to three deciding rounds and hangs on to survive a round 5 ground and pound.

Would be an incredibly boring fight IMO.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think the exposing of andy's weaknes against wrestler's tonight by sonnen will motivate gsp to move up to 185 to fight. so i think what is left now is 1.immediate rematch against sonnen if andy wins then 2. vitor 3. and the gsp.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i'm not a big fan of immediate rematches, but i almost have to say that sonnen deserves one. i agree with the others who say vitor hasn't done enough to deserve the shot. vitor should have to fight the #2 mw contender, whoever that may be at this point, to determine who gets the title shot (this is assuming that chael is still the #1 contender, which i think he is).

or just give silva a little time off and let vitor fight chael for the title shot. this way we get to see chael try to earn another shot after only one fight if he wins, rather than an immediate rematch, or we'll see vitor truly earn the opportunity to fight silva.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
After tonight I'm pretty sure Sonnen and Belfort are the only real threats to Anderson. Why? Well, you all know why Sonnen, but Belfort - seeing how Sonnen dropped Silva in the first, I could imagine Belfort doing the same. Belfort is much faster than Sonnen and is also known for his KO power, so with the right gameplan he could pull it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm not a big fan of immediate rematches, but i almost have to say that sonnen deserves one. i agree with the others who say vitor hasn't done enough to deserve the shot. vitor should have to fight the #2 mw contender, whoever that may be at this point, to determine who gets the title shot (this is assuming that chael is still the #1 contender, which i think he is).

or just give silva a little time off and let vitor fight chael for the title shot. this way we get to see chael try to earn another shot after only one fight if he wins, rather than an immediate rematch, or we'll see vitor truly earn the opportunity to fight silva.
I like this idea. Vitor hasn't really proven he deserves a shot yet and it gives Sonnen a chance to prove he is still the #1 contender and a possible rematch.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
If his striking has really dropped that low.. dude should just retire. And now he's Mr. Haymaker. If was really hurt and he can come back to close to the level of movement, precision and striking he had about 6 months ago and against Forrest:

Belfort - Okami - GSP - Sonnen II - retire.

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
After tonight I'm pretty sure Sonnen and Belfort are the only real threats to Anderson. Why? Well, you all know why Sonnen, but Belfort - seeing how Sonnen dropped Silva in the first, I could imagine Belfort doing the same. Belfort is much faster than Sonnen and is also known for his KO power, so with the right gameplan he could pull it off.
This.

Belfort vs. Silva has taken a big turn in regards to its intrigue... and it was intriguing to begin with.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Belfort - I guess :confused02:

Okami - has a DQ win over Anderson, he got the DQ when he was able to get Anderson to the ground no reason to think he can't do that again.

Shields - if anything tonight proved that Jake Shields has a very good chance at beating Anderson. Wouldn't mind seeing Shields/Sonnen

GSP - obvi

Sonnen II - if he wins retire if he loses trilogy

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Belfort - I guess :confused02:

Okami - has a DQ win over Anderson, he got the DQ when he was able to get Anderson to the ground no reason to think he can't do that again.

Shields - if anything tonight proved that Jake Shields has a very good chance at beating Anderson. Wouldn't mind seeing Shields/Sonnen

GSP - obvi

Sonnen II - if he wins retire if he loses trilogy
Agree with all but Jake, Jake will be put to sleep before getting AS to the ground.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts