Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Reasons why Ken is washed up (Sorry Shamrock fans don't get mad at me)

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Rush 
#1 ·
Okay. Don't swear at me or get mad at me in any way but here are reasons why Ken won't beat Tito at UFC 61, retire after, and is also washed up.

-Last time he faught Tito at UFC 40 Vendetta he was out of mixed martial arts action for two or one and a half year. He made his return at UFC 48 and won against Kimo.

-He has not won since UFC 48 (2 years).

-His last two matches he has been TKO'd in the first round by both Rich Franklin and Kazushi Sakuraba. Rich Franklin however is dominant and has not lost in while but Kazushi is not dominant and has a mediocre record of 19-9-1. Ken could have beat Kazushi but didn't.

-He is 41 years old and has lost his last two fights.

Sorry but Ken won't beat Tito. Don't swear use facts and intelligence as comebacks. Sorry if it offended you in any way.

#2 ·
Rush said:
Okay. Don't swear at me or get mad at me in any way but here are reasons why Ken won't beat Tito at UFC 61, retire after, and is also washed up.

-Last time he faught Tito at UFC 40 Vendetta he was out of mixed martial arts action for two or one and a half year. He made his return at UFC 48 and won against Kimo.

-His last two matches he has been TKO'd in the first round by both Rich Franklin and Kazushi Sakuraba. Rich Franklin however is dominant and has not lost in while but Kazushi is not dominant and has a mediocre record of 19-9-1. Ken could have beat Kazushi but didn't.

Sorry but Ken won't beat Tito. Don't swear use facts and intelligence as comebacks. Sorry if it offended you in any way.
I have to agree with you here, Ken is old, and he is no Randy. he has always had weak cardio and it doesnt get better with age. I just can't see him taking this fight.

I aprecciate your intelligence on this subject, alot of lesser fans refuse to realize that Ken is not what he used to be, its almost sad

#5 ·
He has always got a punchers chance. But, I could see him retiring from this sport as a fighter if he doesn't come close to beating tito. The first time, I was for shamrock. But this fight, I think I am gonna side with tito. I seen a side of him that I never seen before on tuf 3.

#7 ·
Rush said:

YA HE IS OLD NOW SO WHAT YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE A THREAD SAYING HE IS WASHED UP...EVERYTIME I RUN IN TO U ON HERE RUSH UR SAYING SOMETHING STUPID....IF ANYTHING WE SHOULD BE MAKING A SUPPORT SHAMROCK THREAD, BUT INSTED YOU TRY AND MAKE HE LOOK LIKE A FOOL..:thumbsdown:

#8 ·
Dandada187 said:
YA HE IS OLD NOW SO WHAT YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE A THREAD SAYING HE IS WASHED UP...EVERYTIME I RUN IN TO U ON HERE RUSH UR SAYING SOMETHING STUPID....IF ANYTHING WE SHOULD BE MAKING A SUPPORT SHAMROCK THREAD, BUT INSTED YOU TRY AND MAKE HE LOOK LIKE A FOOL..:thumbsdown:
Well then .... MAKE IT :cheeky4:

#9 ·
Dandada187 said:
Well, your being the idiot by cursing me when I said one thousand times not to get mad at me, especially you Shamrock fans. And don't go rating my thread a one star because you think Shamrock should be respected and not hated. Jeez. It's called listening.

#10 ·
Im also a fan of Shamrock but i think you could be right i think Tito will take this fight too but not because hes WASHED UP no he will lose this fight coz Tito is younger & stronger and Ken hasn't fought consistantly for ages i don't care who you are you have to fight frequently otherwise you will suffer from ring rust.

Calling him Washed up is not fair he slipped againt Franklin and was injured the first time he fought Tito.

#12 ·
ShaunHunting said:
Even if Shamrock was in the best shape of his life (which I think we all agree he isn't), he'd still be the underdog in this fight imo. Tito is most definitely training like an animal for this fight cause if he wins then he gets a title shot probably at UFC 65 in December/January.
If Tito does get a title shot if he wins this match that would be pretty stupid because we all know Chuck Liddell would destroy him.

#14 ·
ShaunHunting said:
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure it's part of Tito's current contract that if he wins his first 2 fights then his 3rd will be a title shot.
True. I believe him or Forrest will get a title shot soon but I can't picture either of them beating Chuck. First off, Tito lost to Chuck and actually was beaten pretty badly but may be improved now. But still I think Chuck can still beat him.

#15 ·
Rush said:
True. I believe him or Forrest will get a title shot soon but I can't picture either of them beating Chuck. First off, Tito lost to Chuck and actually was beaten pretty badly but may be improved now. But still I think Chuck can still beat him.
To Tito's credit, that was his only ever (T)KO loss. If he could put Chuck on his back then I think he'd have a great chance at beating him. Of course, taking Chuck down is a whole new topic all together.

I assume you think Liddell will beat Babalu at 62?

#17 ·
Yeah, my money's on Chuck until I see someone who can strike like him or someone as strong as Rampage enter the UFC. Babalu will probably get KO'd again, I just haven't seen him improve that drastically from his last fight with Chuck.

Tito and Forrest might look good fighting each other, but I don't think either of them can take Chuck. I know that I might sound crazy, but I think the only person under contract with the UFC that has the potential to strike with Chuck is Mike Bisping. Like I said, I might sound crazy, but no one can take Chuck down so you need to be striker to take this title.

#18 ·
Rush said:
Rich Franklin however is dominant and has not lost in while but Kazushi is not dominant and has a mediocre record of 19-9-1. Ken could have beat Kazushi but didn't.
I know that you might not be a fighter, Rush, but you need to understand that Sakuraba is a shorthand boxer, which means that he's great at destroying grapplers looking for a takedown. Ken had no chance in hell against the Gracie Killer, because he's not even that good at takedowns.

#19 ·
Reasons why Ken is washed up

Ken is over 40, hasn't been fighting and will waste all his energy and adrenaline on rage. Nuff said.

But if anyone thinks that Tito is good enough for a title shot you're kidding yourself. First sign of trouble in any fight Tito covers up and gets smacked to hell. He's better served being a coach.

Met the guy 2 years back though. Big dude. He had a head the size of a med sized turkey. He was with Phil Barrone who looked 300 lbs fatter. He seemed cool though.

#20 ·
IronMan said:
I know that you might not be a fighter, Rush, but you need to understand that Sakuraba is a shorthand boxer, which means that he's great at destroying grapplers looking for a takedown. Ken had no chance in hell against the Gracie Killer, because he's not even that good at takedowns.
I'm afraid to engage, just joking.

That was before. Now I know more about mixed martial arts and understand Sakaruba is a good fighter but his record is not that great but his victories however are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.