Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lol Brett rogers camp it seems have not taken the loss lightly...they say the stoppage was legit but then add 'but he was defending himself' then they call fedor a liar

Despite his loss to Fedor Emelianenko at Strikeforce this past Saturday, Brett Rogers silenced a lot of critics who said he was in over his head, and almost finished the Russian at one point. Now following the loss it’s back to the drawing board for Rogers, but his camp and him have big ideas for the future.

In a post-fight interview with MMAWeekly, Rogers’ trainer Mike Reilly spoke about the stoppage, Fedor saying he wasn’t hurt and what the future holds for Brett Rogers.

“You can’t fall down like that in an MMA fight. He was defending himself, he wasn’t knocked unconscious, but it is what it is.”

“(Fedor) saying he was in no trouble was just a flat out lie. He was in plenty of trouble. It wasn’t in his plan to break his nose and lose the first round.”

“We would love the experience of going to fight in Japan. And we’re on Overeem’s heels, so wherever he goes. He sets foot on American soil; we’re on him. We were supposed to fight him in September. It grates on our nerves that the champion that’s been holding his belt for the last two years hasn’t defended his belt.”

“If we’ve got to go through Antonio (Silva) or Fabricio (Werdum), then that’s what we’ve got to do.”

“Whoever Brett’s fighting next, they should make their peace with God.”

It is not yet known for certain what is next for Strikeforce heavyweight Brett Rogers, but speculation would place him in a fight with Antonio Silva. Stick with us for more on Brett Rogers’ next step as soon as we know.

By Rory Logan

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that GNp may have been enough to grab rogers the 1st

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fedor owned round 1 for sure. Rogers looked like he was lost for the most part. Fujita looked better than Rogers...
Lol you just reminded me when rogers was on the floor lookinmg up at fedor like...OHHHH **** he's pissed now!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
No way did Rogers win the first round. Fedor had a couple takedowns and won the stand up. Rogers had one jab and 5 seconds of GnP. Not a blowout but clearly Fedor's round.

·
Registered
659 Posts
When I first watch the fight I thought round 1 was 50/50 but watching the replay, Fedor won the aggressivness and the wrestling/takedowns, Grim MAYBE won the striking. Definitely Fedor took round one and if they don't stop the fight in round two, Fedor would have decimated Rogers who was down and not defending himself from Fedor's hammer fists.

·
Clowns will eat me
3,958 Posts
There were a few moments in that fight where I was like...uh oh Fedor might be in trouble. Then he quickly reminded me why he is the best ever...I don't think he was ever really in trouble after the second watching. It was typical Fedor, watching, waiting and then pouncing for the big finish. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lol Brett rogers camp it seems have not taken the loss lightly...they say the stoppage was legit but then add 'but he was defending himself' then they call fedor a liar
The only reason they are saying this is because their fighter lost, and they need to give him some confidence. If I was on Rogers team, I would be saying the same thing so I can keep getting my slice of the paycheck.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Fedor took a jab, and two big shots on the ground. That's about all. A few knee's against the cage as well, but they were dirty (fence grabbing).

Fedor never looked hurt, or panicked about the GnP. He wasn't lieing when he said he wasn't in trouble, the truth is in the tape.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They busted a scar tissue on Fedor's nose in one punch, so what? His nose was already an issue coming into Affliction Trilogy. Fedor may look like he's in trouble, but he looks far too composed to be in "real" trouble. He's been in those type of situations before, that's no problem for him.

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
The more Rogers opens his mouth the more I dislike him.. I thought he was ok when he came into the scene . Then he was crying about Kimbo creating drama but that was legit.. Now this. He shows no respect to anyone and jus pops off at the mouth with garbage nonstop.. And to be honest the only thing hes displayed thats legit about him is he has heavy hands but who doesnt his size? He needs to take his ass back to home depot or where ever in the hell they found him.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The more Rogers opens his mouth the more I dislike him.. I thought he was ok when he came into the scene . Then he was crying about Kimbo creating drama but that was legit.. Now this. He shows no respect to anyone and jus pops off at the mouth with garbage nonstop.. And to be honest the only thing hes displayed thats legit about him is he has heavy hands but who doesnt his size? He needs to take his ass back to home depot or where ever in the hell they found him.
I don't like Rogers myself, but these comments came from his trainer... they are still unfounded and petty. Rolling away from your opponent while grabbing your head is usually done by instinct, because you're NOT AWARE enough to defend yourself intelligently.

I also though Fedor looked to be in trouble at times in the first, maybe it's age catching up with him. When he took those 2 or 3 shots while going for the armbar i was a little scared. But then the right hand in the second... WOW loved the fall!

·
Registered
358 Posts
First off I think that Brett and his trainers should be thanking Strikeforce for the opportunity to get in the ring with someone as good as Fedor having little experience in MMA.

Secondly, Fedor is probably the last dude on the planet I would insult and call names...

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
I don't like Rogers myself, but these comments came from his trainer... they are still unfounded and petty. Rolling away from your opponent while grabbing your head is usually done by instinct, because you're NOT AWARE enough to defend yourself intelligently.

I also though Fedor looked to be in trouble at times in the first, maybe it's age catching up with him. When he took those 2 or 3 shots while going for the armbar i was a little scared. But then the right hand in the second... WOW loved the fall!
I dont think its age catching up with him,... There has been hella times that I thought Fedor was going lose like when he got dumped on his head.. Still he rose up and won..

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Rogers was very likely on the way to be finished easily, i think he is upset because im sure if the situation were reversed, Fedor (or another legend, say Randy who looked KO'd a couple times vs Big Nog similarly) would be given the benefit and Grim would have had to get on the ground to finish him. Now im pretty sure Grim would have been finished but i can understand what he is saying, its not fair if he gets different treatment then Fedor would have gotten in the same situation (awaiting flood of hate).

btw, that popping sound was Fedors hand, not Grims face...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts