Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Shogun was coming off 2 knee surgeries and had no gas tank, what's Gomi's excuse?

I don't even think he needs one, he's not as good as is hyped up to be and would get beat by Kenny every time. Shogun on the other hand would smash Griffin if they fought again, I'd put money on that.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Gomi is a great addition to the LW division.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Before Shogun vs Forrest : RIP FORREST!!!! Shogun via anything he wants. Wow, Forrest must have pissed off someone in the UFC.

AFTER SHOGUN VS FORREST: Shogun was hurt, He didnt train properly (somehow that is ok) That was an easy fight for Forrest and the UFC knew it.

either way, **** the fans, beating washed up Chuck dont make you the best again either.

i really like Shogun but i hate the fans.... 1st he's the best and everybody has to watch out.... Forrest is DEAD... etc etc... NOBODY making excuses before the fight, mentioning knees and training camps and language barriers... just FORREST IS DEAD.

then.... every excuse known to man.... ok. Shogun must sort that shit out.... no doubt, he is a pro.

he fights Coleman?? wtf is the excuse here now???

He looked good vs Chuck but so have alot of guys who we arent hailing as easily top 2 and only touchable by one other.

the world is in for a shock when they realize Shogun and Machida arent so above everybody else. JBJ, Anderson and Rampage right now give them all a run and who knows in the future, this division is CRAZY.

as for Gomi, he looked so bad... i dont see hope for him.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Shogun never held a title in Pride......he just won a GP

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
not sure what bisping/hendo has to do with this thread, but ill give you that one.
Henderson got RNC'd by Silva in his second UFC fight, he must have forgot Dan fought Rampage first.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Henderson got RNC'd by Silva in his second UFC fight, he must have forgot Dan fought Rampage first.
No I rememberd but it was his MW debut in the UFC so I thought it was relevent.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Gomi looked way out classed in the striking department. Kenny was killing him with that lead jab. I knew Kenny would win, but I didn't think I'd see such a margin of difference in the striking department.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The difference is Gomi hasn't beaten a decent fighter in years while Shogun only lost once in Pride and that was because of a broken arm. Also Shogun was only 26 when he lost to Forrest and Gomi is 31.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Frank Trigg was a Pride Champ? And the Koschek fight was his UFC debut? A TKO == RNC? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
Before Shogun vs Forrest : RIP FORREST!!!! Shogun via anything he wants. Wow, Forrest must have pissed off someone in the UFC.

AFTER SHOGUN VS FORREST: Shogun was hurt, He didnt train properly (somehow that is ok) That was an easy fight for Forrest and the UFC knew it.

either way, **** the fans, beating washed up Chuck dont make you the best again either.

i really like Shogun but i hate the fans.... 1st he's the best and everybody has to watch out.... Forrest is DEAD... etc etc... NOBODY making excuses before the fight, mentioning knees and training camps and language barriers... just FORREST IS DEAD.

then.... every excuse known to man.... ok. Shogun must sort that shit out.... no doubt, he is a pro.

he fights Coleman?? wtf is the excuse here now???

He looked good vs Chuck but so have alot of guys who we arent hailing as easily top 2 and only touchable by one other.

the world is in for a shock when they realize Shogun and Machida arent so above everybody else. JBJ, Anderson and Rampage right now give them all a run and who knows in the future, this division is CRAZY.

as for Gomi, he looked so bad... i dont see hope for him.

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc-vbookie-betting/20619-ufc-76-mauricio-rua-vs-forrest-griffin.html

Yeah, it's actually very funny, when you look at it. Everyone is even complaining about how small the odds are on Forrest. :D

Edit: don't you just love to read old betting comments from bets that didn't "work out"? Here's a good one - IMO, this is the easiest card to pick. Put half of your points on Shogun and the oher half on Liddell and sit back and collect.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ok are all these pictures reffering to my Dan Henderson one? Mine was somewhat relevent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts