Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday night may very well have been the last time we see Irvin on the big stage. After 3 straight losses he is likely to be cut along with the fact that he is extremely injury prone.

However, The Sandman is always a joy to watch, he fights to finish or goes out on his sword trying to do so. He has been tremendously unfortunate injury-wise and has suffered from drug addiction over recent years. The odd move to Middleweight to fight Sakara didn't help matters but at the end of the day, the Terry Martin KO, the funny Hector Ramirez finish and the 7 second KO of Houston Alexander are all fights not soon to be forgotten. For this, I salute the Sandman and wish him all the best in working his way back up to the big time.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I am a fan of the Sandman. But I think at Middleweight, he's just too small.

Best of luck to him, if he gets cut. If he doesn't, Sandman v. Quarry?

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think he will get a 4th shot. The man always did what he promised, go out and bang, and always gave a good fight. Plus after being sacrificed to the Anderson Silva god you have to imagine DW is going to give him 1 more shot.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
I think he will get a 4th shot. The man always did what he promised, go out and bang, and always gave a good fight. Plus after being sacrificed to the Anderson Silva god you have to imagine DW is going to give him 1 more shot.
He took that beatdown like a man, and I hope that has earned him another shot.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Yah man "The Sandman" has always been an exciting fighter. I was pulling for him.

This is actually a pretty bad ass HL video...

·
KO artist
5,552 Posts
Well maybe I'm the only one here who doesn't think that a guy with a 4-6 record / 60% loss rate (70% if you consider the DQ win which he was losing) belongs in the UFC, specially when far better fighters like Jardine have been cut.

And this is when all his opponents except Anderson have all been at the bottom rung of the UFC themselves, compared to the kind of contenders Jardine has fought and beaten.

I wish him luck in the smaller orgs though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.