Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you bring this guy back? And if he did make a comeback to the UFC how would he do?

Hes coming off a few wins over some bums but has a good record over all [41-11-0]

heres a gif of his last win (over Travis Fulton?)

·
Banned
689 Posts
yeah i say bring him back, im surprised he's been on the independent circuit as long as he has, he won't be championship material but he is a good name for mid tier fighters

edit: he seems to be in talks about fighting in the LHW div.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
there are far better fighters on the Indies that the UFC could pick up imo, i'd be interested in seeing them pick up Sergei Kharitonov - he is coming off a loss but has beaten Alister Overeem and Mike Russow in the last couople of years which is impressive. Also i saw Kharitonov has a fight with Marcio Cruz coming up, maybe resigning him might be a good way to go seeing as he hasn't lost since his last stint in the UFC

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I would bring him back, there are worse fighters on the UFC roster and from a buisiness perspective he has a great backstory for a countdown show and you always have "former UFC heavyweight champion" to sell him. Give him a chance people like an underdog and he is still an extremely talented guy who shows glimpses of greatness but it seems like he just can't put it together anymore.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He only really loses decisions though so im not sure what to make of his last few losses. He looks in shape now too as he had got rather fat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
just dropping off topic for a second, but man, did that guy deserve to get knocked out after dropping his hands like that!
Indeed. Not that I can blame him if Ricco had been softening up his legs/body with kicks prior to that shot though. It looked to me like dropped his arms to defend a kick he thought was coming in low.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
For anyone wondering, at his heaviest the dude was 350lbs.

He looks in shape in that clip though.. if he stays in shape and keeps winning for sure :thumbsup:

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
If he can stay in shape and win a couple of fights (to prove he's serious not to prove he's good) The yes, absolutely.

Ricco is talented enough to compete with anyone. It's his mental strength and character that have always come up short.

·
Registered
937 Posts
My initial thought was he would be just another old school publicity stunt, but he does have a good record since leaving the UFC, albeit against a lower caliber of fighter, and he is only 32.

If he is in really good shape, and serious about his career as a fighter, he could be a good addition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.