Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keith vs Chuck was and awsome fight. one of my favorites. I think the thing that won it was keith's leg kicks. Rich should be working on his kicks.

1. There is no fear of getting taken down by chuck.
2. Pounding his legs takes away from his punching power and footwork.
3. It screws up his range.

keith clearly showed the game plan to beat chuck and i hope rich was taking notes. Plus chuck is older now and has a weaker chin than he did back then.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Chuck just never found his range and timing in that fight because of Jardine's odd style. Jardine did land some vicious body kicks in that fight.

Rich should do better than Jardine as he is a better fighter.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Chuck just never found his range and timing in that fight because of Jardine's odd style. Jardine did land some vicious body kicks in that fight.

Rich should do better than Jardine as he is a better fighter.
Chuck has beat down much better fighters than Jardine so don't be Franklin should do better. Jardine's so damn awkward he throws some people off (Chuck/Rampage) or they don't have a problem and decimate him (Thiago/Wandy).

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
Chuck can't handle kicks. Jardine was lighting him up with leg-kicks and body kicks, then got in and out.

Rich Franklin has always picked dudes apart, and uses nice body kicks. he should beat Liddell.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Rich should have this fight. He does a lot better against outside strikers than inside strikers. I'm going to be a little sad no matter how the fight ends.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Chuck has beat down much better fighters than Jardine so don't be Franklin should do better. Jardine's so damn awkward he throws some people off (Chuck/Rampage) or they don't have a problem and decimate him (Thiago/Wandy).
Thiago and Wand smashed him quickly so his odd timing didn't come into play. Chuck and Rampage tried to find their range so Keith's weird timing came into play.

Rich is not Keith Jardine, so trying to take notes isn't going to work. Rich needs to develop his own gameplan that plays to his strengths, or just tap Chuck on the chin, he's been getting put to sleep by a soft breeze lately.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Thiago and Wand smashed him quickly so his odd timing didn't come into play. Chuck and Rampage tried to find their range so Keith's weird timing came into play.

Rich is not Keith Jardine, so trying to take notes isn't going to work. Rich needs to develop his own gameplan that plays to his strengths, or just tap Chuck on the chin, he's been getting put to sleep by a soft breeze lately.
i didnt realize Shogun, Rashad and Rampage arent known for their punching power.

i think ppl underestimate Chucks chin. i dont know if Rich has the power to hurt him with one shot like those other guys did.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah because Rich Franklin obviously needs to watch UFC Unleashed to come up with game plans.
What are you talking about you always develop game plans by watching past fights of the guy you are fighting wether it's on IFC unleashed or a recorded fight doest make a difference.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Put to sleep by guys top of the foodchain.
Yes maybe if Franklin connects with Chucks chin he 'might' knock him out. Think you are forgetting the fact if Chuck connects with Franklins chin he WILL knock him out.
Like both, will be a good fight(again top guys wanting to test themselves)and honestly not sure who will win.

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
What are you talking about you always develop game plans by watching past fights of the guy you are fighting wether it's on IFC unleashed or a recorded fight doest make a difference.
Lol at you not getting it, Rich has probably watched the Jardine fight a couple of times since the match-up was announced. It's his JOB to prepare for the fight and he's going to do his research and get significant tape on Chuck, to think that he'll get inspiration for his gameplan when a Chuck fight is randomly shown on television is a bit naive if not stupid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts