Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think people were very upset seeing him lose like that and want to find some reason for it. The truth is Rich just fought someone with a style and strength that Rich was not ready for at this point. The great thing about sports & MMA is anyone can rise to the occasion on any given day. Nothing is ever a sure thing. It's true that some fighters take easy fight's to prolong there championship's, Rich was not one of those guys. Rich will take this loss and use it to make himself a better fighter, thats the kind of guy he is. Thats why you like him so much, cause he is real and not the type to make excuses. Im sure he does not want people or fan's making accusations.

1) Should Rich look for a rematch with Silva or take the time to strengthen his skills before fighting again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
He shouldnt get a rematch right away. He should get to fight for contendership some time down the road and get one or two fights in before going after Silva. Needs to get rid of the ring rust.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think the majority reason he lost was no fightime in a long time with his injuries. He's gunna have that problem now again with nose and ribs and may not be allowed to fight until march/april next year anyhow.

he needs at least one and possibly 2 fights which mean at earliest he wont get a rematch until 9-10 months down the track.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
He should fight for contendership! He should use that time to reflect why he lost that fight with Silva! Maybe he'll come up with a better gameplan then getting into Silva's clinches on purpose! That was a terrible planning on Ace's part!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thank you guys for the intelligent answers. It's not often that people answer the question's and make any sense. I also think Rich need to look at the mistakes he made and take the time to train properly before fighting again.Some fighters let there emotions dictate there decisions and they end up on the short end. Perfect example Ken Shamrock trying to beat Tito after trying twice and getting beat bad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeh, he had way to much ring rust to have that fight. He was slow through the entire fight, both in reaction and striking.
To bad, he should have had a warm up fight first.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
cicero1 said:
Thank you guys for the intelligent answers. It's not often that people answer the question's and make any sense. I also think Rich need to look at the mistakes he made and take the time to train properly before fighting again.Some fighters let there emotions dictate there decisions and they end up on the short end. Perfect example Ken Shamrock trying to beat Tito after trying twice and getting beat bad.
i think he should go train muay thai and sharpen up his striking. he owes it to himself to take the time to amp up his game. we all know he can give anderson a better fight than he did. whether he had ring rust or injuries or he was sad or whatever excuses people are making for him (which he hasnt made any) we all know he can fight. so now he needs to heal up and get back in there. and btw he can fight as soon as they clear his nose. the only reason he wouldn't be able to fight until april would be if he didnt get it checked out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think he needs to get out of that gym and start training full time with Team Militch (sp?). Im not saying those guys are the answer for all his woes but I think it might make one hell of a difference.

As for that when they where standing up Rich didnt look out of place until he got in the clinch. Sliva, (i was actually surprised) couldnt get a beed on Rich at all. His punchs were missing and wasnt overwhelming. Which is why I believed he went right to the clinch. Nothing better to stop your opponent from moving around then to hold his head in place.

He will be back, but he needs to quit training at that gym and start going all out with Militich backing him up. Time to learn some new tricks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice post BLACK. It makes sence for him to train full time with people who can up his game. Hughs trains with those guys and it has helped him a hundred percent.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
He should fight for contendership! He should use that time to reflect why he lost that fight with Silva! Maybe he'll come up with a better gameplan then getting into Silva's clinches on purpose! That was a terrible planning on Ace's part!
Absolutely ... sorta hard to believe that such a prestigious MMA fighter like him looked like an amateur and had no idea how to handle the clinch. Maybe easier said than done, but, I think Rich underestimated Silva's clinch, panicked, and really things fell apart very quickly

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wombatsu said:
i think the majority reason he lost was no fightime in a long time with his injuries. He's gunna have that problem now again with nose and ribs and may not be allowed to fight until march/april next year anyhow.

he needs at least one and possibly 2 fights which mean at earliest he wont get a rematch until 9-10 months down the track.
Yeah, it sucks that he's going to have to wait .. AGAIN ... I don't know if it's better or worse that he has time to reflect ... maybe those demons will get him, maybe he'll sit around and really think about what he should have done differently (for sure). I don't think the lay off contributed too much to the loss. I think the biggest reason is that Franklin came in underconfident and with a bad game plan, froze like a deer in the headlights when he realized he couldn't break the clinch

·
Registered
607 Posts
Rather than searching for reasons or excuses as to why Franklin lost people should be asking how a guy can go for 3 years in the UFC without losing and be so easily beaten by a guy who lost 4 times in another organization?

Perhaps Dana White needs to up the $ so that he can attract some better talent.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
Mr. Bungle said:
Rather than searching for reasons or excuses as to why Franklin lost people should be asking how a guy can go for 3 years in the UFC without losing and be so easily beaten by a guy who lost 4 times in another organization?

I still don't understand why it is that people always want to bash the UFC. Why not call out ALL of those MMA experts that ranked Rich as one of the tops in the world???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mr. Bungle said:

That's BS man, first off no one wins all their fights...everyone has a chance to lose every single fight no matter who they are fighting.

Second, it's not like Silva got his ass beat in his 4 losses...not like he was too weak for the other fighting places and came to UFC and owned...

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bash the UFC because it has the potential to be great but instead greed has corrupted it and it's becoming mediocre...it may make the most money but it's big title holders are nowhere near the best. F**k there are guys at my gym who would destroy Hughes, Franklin and Liddell...Puh-leeze, calling these guys "world champions" is laughable at best.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mr. Bungle said:
I bash the UFC because it has the potential to be great but instead greed has corrupted it and it's becoming mediocre...it may make the most money but it's big title holders are nowhere near the best. F**k there are guys at my gym who would destroy Hughes, Franklin and Liddell...Puh-leeze, calling these guys "world champions" is laughable at best.
Give him slack guys I was like that when I had my first beer too.

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
Mr. Bungle said:
OK it's s**t like this that KILLS me. I doubt that you or your little friends at your gym are able to lick the sweat off the ba**s of those fighters. Stop with the me me me crap and get real.

Mr Bungles has lost credibility in my eyes.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Tell me with a straight face that you believe that the guys I named are the best in the world? or even the Country?

C'mon...you know that I'm right.

And frankly I couldn't give a steamy frothy shit about whether you feel I have "credibility" or not. Who the f**k are you?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts