Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Rich Franklin vs Anderson Silva

72K views 289 replies 123 participants last post by  f-dog 
#1 ·
Official Discussion Thread for UFC 64

This could be a very interesting match, and one of Franklins toughest.

I mean, compare their stats, Silva vs Franklin.

Mind you, Rich does have an impressive record.

Anyways, let the debate begin! And remember, you can bet your post points on the match HERE

#2 ·
I'm gonna go with Rich Franklin winning this one. I don't think he'll lose that UFC Middleweight Championship for a very long time.

#3 ·
I give it to Rich Franklin by ref stoppage in the 2nd round. Silva will rush him, but won't get the oppurtuniteis like with Leben. Silva will be a little winded and frustrated by round 2 and will make a mistake, get put to the mat, and will cover up and take punches.

#4 ·
The reason Silva looked so well against Leben is because Leben thought he had one of the best chins in the league. If you look at all of Leben's fights, he takes a hit to give one. Franklin is going to fight a much better fight. I believe this is going to be the same as Crow vs Ace. Franklin all the way for this fight. Either a late knockout or decision.

#6 ·
re: Franklin vs. Sliva

If he does beat Silva, they should bring back Linland to fight him in a future title match. What happens with the winner of TUF4?? I thought each one would get a title shot. Anyway--if Rich's hand is 100% , and he can avoid any direct hits on the chin he should be able to win via decision.

#8 ·
People seriously think Rich is going to toy with Silva. People do realize that Silva is a much better striker than Franklin and if he lands on Franklin, it will most likely knock him or wobble him. If anyone remembers, Franklin was knocked out the first time in Pride tournament, 1st round. He could not withstand blows as much as people believe, so if Silva lands those highly accurate punches, it will take Franklin out of his game.

Silva by referee stoppage in the 2nd round.

#10 ·
i dont wanna hear about any other middleweight beating franklin..Lindland cant beat him , marquardt cant beat him, and if silva cant noone will for awile..unless pride sendd over one of their studs over from the 183 lb division.

But as for this fight, very dangerous fight for franklin.This is by no means gonna be an easy fight.hes fighting a better striker than himself, which he might not be used to..but i still seeing rich pulling out a victory in the late rounds with some ground and pound and big john stopping it..it could be a decision..
also if rich wins this fight, they should bring machida over to see if rich can redeem himself :thumbsup:

#11 ·
They should get Lyoto, so people can stop *****ing and discrediting Rich for ONE loss. But this fight has FOTY written all over it; Franklin is my fav fighter but I'm worried that he gets caught during one of his combos while backing out.:thumbsup:

#12 ·
im actually gonna take silva on this one....dunno, just have that feeling that anderson can catch rich with his punches, daze him, and take him out...both do fight southpaw, so that'll be interesting to see how that plays as a factor...

plus, i'd think the odds makers in vegas would put down some good odds for me to take silva :)

#14 ·
I also think Franklin will get this one! I dont think he is going to loose the belt untill he is ready to go. I think Silva will comeout swinging for the fences, perhaps tire himself, and then franklin will win via GNP. Cant wait for this one!

#15 ·
Franklin/Silva

This will be Franklin's toughest opponent for him to date - beside Ryoto, who he fought at 205. Franklin is a natural MW and should never go back to 205. I think over his career he has not fought very tough guys like Henderson and Lindland have. This will be Franklin's defining moment, maybe for his whole career. If he can't beat Silva then Henderson, Lindland, Filho, would tear him apart. Good luck Rich.

#16 ·
I think some people have vastly underestimated Silva's endurance. If you watch the few of his fights that actually went for a long time he tends to tire out his opponents before he shuts down. I think this will be the toughest fight of Franklin's career and potentially a defining moment in silva's. It will be a great fight regardless. I honestly do not know who will come out on top, but i have a feeling that silva will be able to land one or two, just enough to rock franklin and then i see it slowly going for silva.

#22 ·
I think Anderson silva has better angles then rich. Rich has that mean jumping right jab and that is his probably most efeective weapon. But in the leben-silva fight you saw silva takin the angles on leben crippling any offense leben out forth i think it will be a good match up but the edge will probably be franklin due to experience.

#23 ·
*IceMAn* said:
I think Anderson silva has better angles then rich. Rich has that mean jumping right jab and that is his probably most efeective weapon. But in the leben-silva fight you saw silva takin the angles on leben crippling any offense leben out forth i think it will be a good match up but the edge will probably be franklin due to experience.
and who the hell are you?

Silva has 20 fights under his belt

Franklin has 21 fights

Just because you don't know who Silva is cause you're too busy ignoring other fighting organizations doesn't mean you need to post your BS here thanks :thumbsdown:

#26 ·
Silva by KO

I gotta give this fight to Silva if he can keep it standing. He's got real power in his punches and even better accuracy. Ace is a true student of the sport though and is probably too smart to try and take on Silva at his own game. It could go either way but I've got a feeling Silva'll keep pushing and score a 2'nd round KO. No matter what this has 'great fight' written all over it. I can't wait! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.